We visit the clinic tomorrow afternoon for a scheduled IVIG (immune antibody booster) as well as scheduled chemo. I will be surprised though if Maggie actually gets chemo. With her counts dropping so rapidly last week, I highly doubt they will be at or above 500 (her ANC that is). We will see though.
Maggie has been doing fairly well. She is much more open to crawling around in our house versus in just one room. She is slowly taking to more food (or different types). We have found that what was once her favorites, she now turns away from. This is a bit difficult as we try to find new things for her to eat (and those types of foods that the speech therapist suggested). Maggie enjoys the challenging foods.
We are struggling more than ever right now with Maggie's sleep. She wakes about every 30 minutes to an hour wanting to nurse. She also will wake and point towards the living room, which means she wants to go out and play. It has been very challenging. We have been tempted (and have tried on several occasions) to do the cry-it-out method, however, this has not ever been my philosophy when it comes to parenting. Plus, if any of you know Maggie, she is a very stubborn child and will cry until finally she is gotten. She has lasted over an hour before. After trying again tonight, we have decided to forgo this method and research some other less "painful" strategies in hopes that this might give us some relief.
I know that people have said parenting wouldn't be easy, but you know, just once I would love for a break in the challenges. We are tired. The whole saying, "This too shall pass" doesn't apply to us. I'm not sure that any of those "encouraging" sayings were meant for parents of children with cancer.
3 comments:
The only hope left is God. He will carry you, give you wisdom and direction for a solution, and when nothing else works, He will make a way. We've been through the huge trial of a child with cancer and in the midst of the treatment and struggles, the light at the end of the tunnel is dim or not even visible. But trust in God's word that His will is best and He will be all you need if you trust in Him. Easier said than done, I know. Lack of sleep was and is one of the worst parts of this journey, because you cannot function or stay positive. Turn to God's word and fill yourself with every word that it may encourage you, so you may endure this trial.
"All things work for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28
Praying For You!!
In His Hands,
Amy
Wait
by Russell Kelfer
Desperately, helplessly, lovingly I cried
Quietly, patiently, lovingly He replied
I pleaded, and I wept for a clue to my fate
And the Master so gently said “Child, you must wait.”
“Wait? You say wait?” my indignant reply
Lord, I need answers, I need to know why.
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By faith I have asked, and I’m claiming your Word.
My future, and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me ‘wait’?
I’m needing a ‘yes,’ a go-ahead sign,
Or even a ‘no’ to which I can resign.
“And Lord, you have promised that if we believe,
We need but to ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I’ve been asking, and this is my cry:
I’m weary of asking: I need a reply!"
Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, “You must wait.”
So I slumped in my chair; defeated and taut
And grumbled to God; “So, I’m waiting, for what?”
He seemed then to kneel and His eyes met with mine
And He tenderly said, “I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, darken the sun,
Raise the dead, cause the mountains to run.
All you see I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want, but you wouldn’t know Me.
You’d not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You’d not know the power that I give to the faint.
You’d not learn to see through clouds of despair;
You’d not learn to trust, just by knowing I’m there.
You’d not know the joy of resting in Me,
When darkness and silence was all you could see.
You would never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove
You would know that I give, and I save, for a start,
But you’d not know the depth of the beat of My heart.
The glow of my comfort late in the night;
The faith that I give when you walk without sight;
The depth that’s beyond getting just what you ask
From an infinite God who makes what you have last.
And you would never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that ‘My grace is sufficient for thee.’
Yes, your dreams for that loved one o’ernight could come true,
But the loss! If you lost what I’m doing in you.
So be silent, my child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of these gifts is to get to know Me.
And though oft’ may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all... is still... wait.
I sent you an email- check it an let me know :)
Post a Comment