Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Today Maggie and I went to my Lehman side of the family to celebrate the 4th of July. Andy stayed home to work on revisions of his dissertation. We had a very good day with lots of smiles from Maggie. She even allowed a few others to hold her, which is always welcoming.

One of the highlights of the day was watching Maggie play with her cousins, Brendan and Leah. Maggie had so much fun interacting with them and especially playing Great Grandpa and Grandma's percussion instrument. As Maggie and Brendan played, Brendan also asked Maggie to repeat words that he would say. She would do so and he would giggle. It really was a good time. I have a video of this as well, but am having some technical difficulties, so until I can get the video up, I thought I'd share some pictures.

We enjoy the normalcy of life and celebrating holidays with family. Last year we had to miss out on this celebration because Maggie was in the hospital. We pray that we might never see hospital walls again except to visit others.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Whitney. It's wonderful when some kind of pain isn't keeping the sunny Maggie from shining through.

Would love to see videos!

Love and prayers always.

Great Aunt Phyllis

The Barnett Family said...

Oh my she looks so happy. I am so glad you are having good days. You are inspiring me and I so wish I could be in your shoes.

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment but goodness knows what I did since it seems to have disappeared into the ethernet. So, I'll try again.

I'm so glad you were able to get in some family time on the Fourth and delighted to see that little Maggie obviously was having a grand time with her cousins. Great pics, Whitney!! I love them all, but especially the last one where Maggie looks so full of giggles and good spirits. The three of you have been through so many tough times this last year. You must be really savoring days like this.

To Andy - Congratulations, Dr. Bixler!! What you've done would be quite an achievement under normal circumstances. That you've done it despite all the stress and concerns and demands on your time makes the accomplishment HUGE! APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!

Love & Prayers from Cousin Carol in Lakeland.

Nicki said...

I LOVE her smile in the last picture.
She (and both of you) are so deserving of some good days!