Maggie continues to not put weight on her legs or feet. The physical therapist thinks that the muscle behind Maggie's leg (connecting the achilles and calf) is tight and is causing pain. We need to stretch it to give her a chance to eventually put some weight on her feet. Maggie's right foot still seems to be bothering her, so I am considering getting an x-ray on her foot/ankle tomorrow when we go to the clinic. I am getting a bit antsy for the day that Maggie can stand and walk again. It feels like it will never happen, but hopefully we'll be able to work out this problem and she will have the strength and confidence to once again do so.
Finally, Maggie has been wanting to share some big news in our household. We took pictures to help her share the news.
"Look what is under my sweatshirt!"
"I'm going to be a big sister!" It comes at a perfect time as Maggie was just watching a Dora episode the other day and Dora became a big sister too. She thinks her shirt says Dora on it, but hopefully by October, she will have adapted to the idea. We aren't exactly sure how we're going to do it with another little one, but the hope is that we will have Maggie walking by then. Here's to Maggie walking by the time she is 3!
46 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are excited for you and especially Maggie--being a big sister.
We are truly excited also that Maggie is doing wo well. PRAISE THE LORD!!
Keeping you and Maggie in our prayers. She is your Miracle Child!! Have a super blessed day. love ya lucy and ed
Congratulations! I am sure with another little one around that will motivate Maggie to want to use her little legs!
What wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!!
The pics of Maggie are adorable and it's good to hear she continues to make progress. Thanks for posting. There must be thousands of people who've been waiting for this post. Still praying for Maggie's continual progress toward total healing and for all of you. Congratulations again!! Love from Cousin Carol
What a testimony to faith, hope, and love!
So happy for all of you!
Love and prayers always.
Great Aunt Phyllis
Oh Congratulations to all three of you! I am so excited about your news! I'm sure Luke will write more, or call you, but Mac won't let me type anymmore. He knows I should be playing with him now!
Love,
Bethany
Wow and WOW!!!!! Maggie looks so good. So much older ;). SO happy about your exciting news!
This is such wonderful news! Congratulations to you all! God is truly blessing you all richly. Those with whom I share your updates have already started responding with congratulations and promises of continued prayers!
Love to you all!
Debbie M.
Congratulations!!! God is so good!!
Oh my gosh look how cute Maggie looks!!! She is going to be a fantastic BIG sister!!! I am so happy she is hope and you can hold her and love on her! I don't know how you guys are feeling but I'd love to go to a park soon and get the kids together! I know it has to be outside, but when the weather starts looking up lets get together! jess
Wonderful news all around! Congratulations!
April
Congratulations to you and your family. I continue to pray for her full recovery and rest for you. God's blessings!
Becky Wright
Congratulations! Oh my goodness what a blessing!!!! I am crying tears of joy for you1!
CONGRATULATIONS! We are excited for you all! We are so glad Maggie is doing well. She is looking good.
Hollie, Jason and Jackie Greene
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is truly amazing and wonderful news!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you all!!! God bless you all!!
Christina
Congratulations from Holly Jones Wood a friend of Zeke and Shanda's. I have been following your story and am so happy God has answered prayer. You and Maggie have touched my life with your tremendous strength and belief. I continue to pray for you and now your little one on the way!!!!
Congratulations on being a big sister, Maggie! Congratulations Whitney and Andy! Your life is a mirror of your faith; thank you. I will forever be praying for all of you.
Congratulations to all of you! We are so happy to hear all the good news and are still praying for you every day. Maggie looks so good in the pictures!
Yours in Christ,
Bruce and Rita
Wow, guys! Awesome and miraculous news. We continue to pray for Maggie's ability to walk and will add in the new request for your growing babe inside you, Whitney! Hard times certainly make you either come together as a married team closer and closer or it drives you apart. I'm blessed to see it has brought you together! : ) Congrats on the news and may God continue to give little Maggie the strength she'll need to be the helpful big sis in October.
Hi! We have been following your blog from our friend, Heidi on FaceBook. I am very glad to hear of Maggie's progress. We too have a darling four year old with lots of medical issues. I wanted to share with you that our daughter has tightness on her right side from her brain injury, and so her right ankle and leg are tight. She has made remarkable progress with her leg from Botox injections. That was it is in one specific place and not medication that makes her whole body loose. Just wanted to share. Let me know if you have questions. We live in the columbus area but we also see some of our daughter's specialists in Dayton.
Brenda Dyckes
I am a friend of Zeke and Shanda's and have followed your families journey. I am humbled by your strength as a family and prayer for your continued trust in the power of the almighty healer!
Congratulations on the baby!! Maggie will make a great big sister who in her own way will be able to show the love of God to a sibling.
May God continue to bless you and keep reminding you that HE is in control!!
Stacey
Congratulations, Whitney! I am so glad for you. I am so glad you are back home. I just talked with your dad and mom last evening at Buehlers and talked about how glad we are that Maggie is home!
Joyce Taylor
Whitney,
This is wonderful news!!! Congratulations.
Love,
Stephanie
congrats. Completely amazing and awesome :) ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! This is incredibly exciting news...on many fronts! Praising the Lord with you!
Love,
Stacy
Yeah and how exciting. Joy comes in so many ways. Does Maggie know the demands of being a big sister (not always fun when you have to be a second mom - lol). Wonderful news,
Stacey, Tomas, Ben and Emily
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such wonderful news to hear that Maggie is doing so well AND going to be a big sister. You're all going to do great. We can't wait to read all about the new adventure. :o)
This is amazing to know that Maggie is doig so well and now she is going to be a big sister AWESOME NEWS. I loved the pictures of Maggie and truely love
hearing from you. Your such a big part of so many lives. So many prayers for a COMPLETE healing for
Maggie.
We will continue to pray for Maggie
to walk soon. She is going to be a
wonderful Big Sister.
Congratulaions from Tennesse with lots of LOVE
Congratulations! Praying for health and safety for all four of you!
Wonderful news for a wonderful family!!! Twice blessed! Congratulations to all of you and prayers for Maggies continuing healing and all the upcoming adjustments!! Love, Janee
Praising the Lord upon hearing of Maggie's continued improvement. Will be praying for strength in her little legs and a desire to eat again.
So happy for you both and for Maggei, the big sis!
So wonderful to see the pictures of Maggie. She's so beautiful. It's great to hear that she is doing well and going to be a big sister! Congratulations to Mom, Dad and Big Sister!! God is Good and His timing is perfect. Will continue to pray for the 4 of you and especially for Maggie to walk really soon.
RoseAnn from NY
I am crying tears of pure Joy on all counts. GOD IS GOOD.
Continued Love and prayers Tom and Lori Shevlin
Congratulations! What a blessing to be able to add to the joy of your family.
Maggie is just darling and she will be a wonderful big sister. This is big news. Illinois Auntie
Whitney and Andy,
We are SO excited for you that you're adding a new little person to your family! Maggie is going to LOVE being a big sister and you are going to love watching her and this new one together! Yippee! We're thrilled for you. Spring miracles abound in the Bixler house!
Congratulations!
Still praying for Maggie and you all--will add this news to the prayers, as well!
Hugs!
Elisha
Yay!!! So happy for you all! So glad that Maggie is enjoying the spring. Whitney and Andy...so excited for you. Hope you are feeling good Whitney. Miss you friend!
Christal
I have been following your blog for awhile now and I must say that Maggie looks completely healthy and beautiful! I know that she still has her struggles to work through, but wow!!!! Maggies' color is back and she truly looks healthy...finally:) I know it is hard to see the subtle changes when you see the child everyday, but to an outsider, Maggie's physical change is miraculous and remarkable. I just thought I should share my observation. God's blessings on Maggie's continued recovery and on your new little darling.
Wow! Congrats on #2 and to Maggie who is looking so well. And hope that you are feeling well too, Whitney. Also continuing to pray that the cancer is gone and her ankle heals quickly!
Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that Maggie is finally home. We praise a wonder-working God.
WOW! Congratulations! Maggie will be a wonderful big sister! I am excited for you!
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!! We are extremely happy for you. :-) Maggie will be such a proud big sister, and a little helper too. So glad to hear things are going well. PRAISE GOD for all that he has done for your family and for your little girl.
Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for your wonderful news that Maggie will become a big sister!
She looks adorable. We continue to pray for Maggies ankle to heal and that she will get her appetite back. We think of you all the time and thank God for his GRACE! All our love.
Lydia
Maggie looks wonderful! She's got a gorgeous smile. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. What a wonderful blessing!
Congratulations to all of you!!!
Oh, My gosh! Whitney and Andy, you are having a baby! What a wonderful, and exciting turn of events. Now this is normal life! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! I know Maggie will be up to the challenge of helping Mommy with this new little one.
God bless you all!
Susan DiGiorgio
Such great news!! Congrats! ~Kris Bishop
Post a Comment