Maggie's weight has remained fairly consistent, with it being a little on the low end right now, but yet within reason (13.2 kg). Dr. Mezoff (her GI doctor) feels that she is at the perfect place to try to sustain her own being that she has some weight she could lose and still be okay, though of course we do not want that. I asked about beginning an appetite stimulant, but he doesn't like to add medicines if he doesn't have to. He wants to see how Maggie will do on her own and he believes she will be successful.
The other tubie that we have gotten rid of is Maggie's pulse ox (her oxygen saturation reader). She had a pulse oximetry test last Tuesday night that recorded her oxygen saturations. The pulmonologist wanted to see what Maggie did at night to determine whether she needed further studies (a sleep study) or oxygen at night. Though Maggie continues to de-sat, it was determined that she brings herself back up into the appropriate range and does not need further oxygen, studies, or continued readings. So, we packed up the machine and stored it away hoping never to use it again. We would like to get rid of all of our oxygen equipment, but the doctor wants us to keep it until Maggie has her first respiratory illness. Having the equipment for such an occasion will make me feel more comfortable as I can read Maggie's oxygen levels. Hopefully though, we will not need to worry about it becoming severe and needing further assistance.
So, it has been a wonderful 2 days in our house as Maggie no longer needs to worry about being wrapped up in her tubes as she rolls around in her sleep, and we are very happy to not have to mix up formula. Our new challenge is giving Maggie her medicines, but hopefully she will grow accustomed to taking them again. We welcome this new challenge as we know what it now means--being tubie free!
17 comments:
Yeah Maggie, we are so happy for you! Just keep on eating those milkshakes and fudgesicles!! And what a pretty picture of you smiling. You look like such a big girl! We love you!!!
Casey, MoMo and Pahhker :)
Yay. No more tubie!!!!!! That is just awesome. She is such a miraculous girl.
What wonderful news! Yay Maggie! What a darling picture, too!
Wonderful news! You look even more beautiful without the tubie, Maggie!
Debbie M.
Maggie your awesome. Love you from
Tennessee
Jay says, " She is so cute my mommy, lets go see her right now!" We hope we can play soon!!! I am so happy Maggie is doing so well! She is a true miracle! Jess
Congratulations! What good news! How nice to see that sweet and smiling face without the tubie. Cousin Carol
Hooray Maggie! WOO HOO!!!
God is good all the time.Maggie looks so healthy.God bless...The McKenzie's Marion,Oh
What a beautiful child!
love her! hope i can meet her sometime :)
That picture is an absolutely beautiful, precious sight, because I can tell that she is so happy to have some normalcy!! Of course God is good, and great job Mommy and Daddy and doctors! Swishers in Ohio
Hooray for Maggie!! I love seeing all the pictures but you can expecially see in this picture how happy Maggie is not to have the tubie. Praise God!! Every time I read your blog I have tears, thank God these have been of joy. Congratulations to Dr. Daddy on your graduation as a Doctor of Psychology. Boy, I guess God really put you to the test. I don't know any of you personally but feel like you're part of my family. I love all the good news and know you now will begin a whole new chapter or book in your lives ;). God bless you and keep you, especially "our" little Maggie. I am looking forward to hearing about the birth of your new baby, Maggie's brother or sister.
With joy, RoseAnn in NY
Yea! Praise God for the amazing healing that's taking place in Maggie's body! She seems like such a sweet girl and it's such a fun age! I know Caleb loves green smoothies made with bananas, apples, spinach/kale/greens of any kind and water or apple cider added! Would Maggie go for something like that? It would provide lots of good nourishment! I'm glad you keep this blog going for us to see all the amazing steps Maggie is taking and for all the positive things happening in your lives! Blessings, Krista, Phil and Caleb
Awesome news. We rejoice with you guys!
Such joy....Maggie is precious..what a smile...what a relief for Maggie...no more tubes!
Congrats to Dr. Daddy....
T
...so grateful and happy for all your good news. Peace....
Yay! She is soooo beautiful. :)
Lara
Post a Comment