We're back in the hospital, but it's been an interesting day. This morning we woke Maggie up so that we could go to the Clinic and check Maggie's counts. As long as they weren't too low, we'd get admitted and start chemo. However, when we woke her her mouth was full of blood--her bottom lip was just covered with broken sores and......well, I won't describe it in too much detail, it was gruesome. It certainly got people's attention at the hospital--it helped us get back to see the doctor sooner, that's for sure. Whitney is convinced that it looks worse than it actually is. There are more sores inside her mouth--Dr. French said they look like they could be about to get alot worse, or else they're going to get better. It's hard to tell what stage they are at. Also, she has a scab on her stomach that broke open yesterday and is now another of the doctor's concerns. Her counts are starting to drop and this week's chemo will take her all the way down again--meaning slower healing of all of her sores.
Given all of this, Dr. French wanted us to be admitted, but chemo won't start yet. He started her on antibiotics to try to prevent an infection from developing on her stomach sore. And he'd like to see some progress on her mouth. So we'll wait a few days and see when we can move forward. We have 5 days of chemo ahead of us, so it's a bit intimidating to think that we might be here a while just waiting to get to the 5 day chemo.
We'll keep you all posted.
4 comments:
My continued thoughts and prayers are with all 3 of you! I'm glad you all got to go home for a bit. Even though it wasn't for long, I'm sure it broke the tough cycle you all are enduring. Take Care...Tina
I've never met you. I found your link on the Hummel blog & i check it several times a day. Little Maggie is so precious, i pray for you three daily.My heart goes out to you & may Maggie be healed of all this trauma that she's enduring.
Praying in Missouri
Bonnie
Praying that the Lord heals little Maggie's mouth and stomach so that she can move forward with the chemo. I think about you all so much throughout the day and pray God gives you a peace that passes understanding.
awww sweet maggie girl. Sending prayers that your tummy and mouth heal up soon so you can get home for a bit! I know mommy and daddy want to see their girl smiling again. Everybody loves that maggie smile!
Nora
Post a Comment