We continue to be at home and enjoying every moment of it. Andy took Maggie to the clinic on Monday to find that her counts have pretty much bottomed out. Her ANC (ability to fight infection) was at 70 (if it's under 500 she is not allowed to be inside with crowds). Her white count was 600 (average is 5,000-10,000). I am hoping that she is now rebounding as we are confined to our house or outdoors. Thankfully it has still been fairly warm outside so that we can take her out to entertain her.
We bought Maggie a red car, just like the one in the hospital, last week. She has loved driving in it. We actually drove her to the grocery store down the street and she sat in it the entire time and waved occasionally (most of the time to nobody in sight). She has been waving for a couple of weeks now and it is so cute.
Maggie goes into the hospital tomorrow for an outpatient spinal tap of chemotherapy and another chemo drug, Vincristine. She received Vincristine last week as well and it caused hoarseness. Maggie also begins steroids again tomorrrow. She will have one more week of them and then will get a break (thank goodness). She has been such a joy at home--smiling, laughing, napping (yeah!), and she is beginning to sleep in her bed at night for periods of 2-3 hours at a time. It has been so nice to be able to sleep for a couple of hours before feeding her. Basically since her diagnosis, she has been getting up about every hour to nurse. Needless to say, this has been a bit tiresome for all.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. We pray that Maggie will continue to respond well to her treatments--that she will not get any infections or mouth sores. We pray that our only hospital visits will be those for scheduled chemotherapy.
6 comments:
You three are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love. Great Aunt Phyllis
Yay for sleeping!
-Kelli
Ah, now this is GOOD NEWS! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad things are going so well. Wish I cold see her waving to all and sundry. We keep praying for all of you. Love, Cousin Carol in Florida
I love the video, when I look at her I think I can see some of Andy. Think of you everyday and check the blog to read your journal. You two are really an inspiration and your writing is so informative. LOve Aunt Sandy
I AM GLAD THAT MAGGIE IS DOING WELL. SHE IS SO CUTE. I HOPE THAT SHE STAYS INFECTION FREE WHILE HER COUNTSA ARE LOW. KATIE-BELLE HAS THE SAME LITTLE RED CAR. SHE LOVES HERS TOO.IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME SANE AT THE HOSPITAL OR WITH OUT AN ACHING ARM.
KAREN COOLEY
Post a Comment