Andy called the clinic today to find out about Maggie's cultures that were taken on Wednesday. The cultures were negative which means Maggie probably doesn't have a bacterial infection. What is causing the fever is unknown so it might end up being a virus. The last 2 fevers she has had have been viruses. My theory is with each fever she doesn't quite get rid of the virus and when she is given chemo, it comes back. Whatever it might be, I'm growing tired of the worry of fevers.
Though Maggie has had some low-grade fevers the last couple days, she has been in fairly good spirits. Andy was with her all day long today and normally she will cry quite a bit with him, but she played and had a good day. Andy even observed her when she woke up from her nap, sit up from a laying down position on her own. This is the first time she has done this, and I missed it. I asked her to do it again, but she wouldn't. Sooner than later she'll start moving through those milestones.
Please continue to pray that Maggie's fevers will go away, her virus will go away completely, her counts will recover, there will be no more infections, and she will feel good.
3 comments:
Praying whatever is causing her fevers exits her body quickly. I'm glad she is a happy, little girl, regardless. Whitney, I will call you sometime tomorrow to check about Monday evening.
Sending prayers for no more fevers! Glad to hear you had a good Daddy Day and are starting to sit up..wow! What a big girl!
-Nora
I've not had a chance to read about Maggie's progress but have just caught up reading the ups and downs of the past few weeks. How difficult this must be for all of you. The photos of Maggie's halloween outfit and the description of her good days is at least a sign of hope. I pray you are able to keep hope in your in your hearts as you go thru the struggle. I'm thinking of you. Geri
Post a Comment