Well, let me just start out by saying that this has been a rough week. The steroids proved to beat Maggie down once again. She has been moaning or crying pretty much non-stop since Thursday. She doesn't nap and her sleep during the night is still, if not more sporadic than before.
Maggie has had her preference of only being with Mommy, unless there is someway of enticing her to go to Andy-- this being very rare. Maggie is quiet for moments of the day when she goes downstairs (this excursion quiets her for a couple of minutes), when we put on the Disney Monkey song and Little Einsteins music prelude on t.v., when she is nursing.
Needless to say this has been very draining on all of us, but I especially feel the hit as I have had Maggie almost constantly since Wednesday afternoon (with the exception of a couple of work excursions). We are all sleep deprived, especially Maggie and me, since she is not napping and wakes up so frequently during the night.
Poor Maggie just acts so miserable and it is so hard to see her this way. Tonight was her last dose of the steroid, so hopefully in the next couple of days she will become more herself again. Please continue to pray for us during this rough stretch.
4 comments:
Dear Whitney,
I pray deeply for strength for you , Maggie and Andy. You are all enduring more than anyone should have to. Most of all, I pray for complete healing of Maggie's little body.
Continually praying for all of you.
deborah
I wish there were some way we could all line up and take some Maggie's pain for her; and give Whitney and Andy some of our sleep time.
All we can do is remind you we're thinking of you and praying for you.
Hope the steroids are beginning to wear off now!
Love. Great Aunt Phyllis
I am so sorry. I wish I could do something for you guys. I will pray that Maggie feels back to herself very soon.
My heart aches for you and what precious Maggie is going through. I am continually thinking about and praying for all of you.
Much love,
Melissa Wolf
Post a Comment