
On Tuesday, we took advantage of the 70 degree temperatures to go to the Cincinnati zoo. Maggie seemed to really enjoy it. When she saw the animals she would point to them and get excited. I think she also enjoyed sitting back and relaxing as we took her around on the stroller.
When she was allowed to eat again (with the oral chemo she is not allowed to eat for 2 hours after administering), she snacked on pretzels and a chocolate chip cookie while looking around at all the animals. She even managed to drink about 8 oz. of milk in a cup. It's so exciting to see her drinking from a cup.
Also, the picture I've posted of Maggie is one from the zoo. She wouldn't smile so we asked her to give us a kiss, thus the picture of her puckering up. She loves to give kisses now, which is great because we love to receive them. When we say "I love you," and "Night, night" she puckers up ready for a kiss. It's so cute. Each day she shows us new things she can do and each day we fall more in love with her.
6 comments:
That picture of Maggie makes me smile and warms my heart! I am so glad you had a memorable time at the zoo! Hope to see you sometime soon. Take care.
I do not know you & have not posted often but pray & read your blog daily. If i could reach out & touch little Maggie i would hug her so much. She is one precious & beautiful little girl.I'm so glad to hear you had a family fun day.
Praying in Missouri
Bonnie
What a wonderful picture to remind you of a wonderful day! I have faith there are many more days like this to come - even days when you've had some sleep!
Debbie M.
What a sweet picture! I FULLY understand why you love getting those kisses. So glad you've gotten a day out and that Maggie is doing well. We keep on praying. Love, Cousin Carol
Thanks for that adorable pucker. A reminder of the reason for all of your current trials--years and years of kisses.
Love and prayers always.
Great Aunt Phyllis
What a precious picture! I love it. I am so glad you all got a day out in the sunshine to just enjoy being together...it is nice to have those. I continue to keep all three of you in my thoughts and prayers.
With Love,
Kristen
Post a Comment