Friday, April 10, 2009

Clinic summary

Yesterday morning we went to the clinic for scheduled chemo dependent on Maggie's counts. Maggie's counts were good enough and her liver enzymes were only 2x the normal limit opposed to 9x the week before. The blood tests for different viruses, etc. that could be causing the raise in her enzymes did not come back, but it appears that the Methotrexate (chemo) that she receives weekly might have been causing the problem.

Maggie has also gained some weight. She was up about a pound and a half from the week before (her weight is about 21 lbs. 11 oz.). Her diarrhea is still a real issue so they have added fiber to her nightly formula in the feeding tube. This hopefully will help with some of the Potassium loss as well if we can get the diarrhea under control.

Other than that we are still on schedule with her chemo. Things look pretty good and Maggie is doing well. Thanks for keeping Maggie in your prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Maggie! I'm so happy she's gaining some weight! I know this tube is so dishearting for you guys, but I'm glad you go results right away! We are looking forward to seeing Maggie on Wednesday. Have a great time with your family this weekend. Hugs, Jess

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those good reports that despite problems in the short run it looks good in the long run--the chemo is doing its work.

Glad Maggie is getting the nourishment she needs.

Let's hope for progress also in her (and your) sleep.

Have a blessed Easter.

Love and prayers always.
Great Aunt Phyllis

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Maggie has gained weight. What an answer to prayer.
Blessings to you and your whole family as you celebrate the resurrection of our Lord!
Love~The Wolf's

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear Maggie has gained some weight and is in pretty good spirits. I hope you all had a very blessed Easter!

Love,
Stephanie L.

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys! You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. You are so courageous and strong!
We love you!
Nat

Anonymous said...

Maggie looked so great at Easter! Mike and I will be praying that the sleeping ordeal gets better. You guys are wonderful parents. :)

Love,
Lara & Mike