Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hats

The finger in the nose is a trademark of Maggie. Whenever she gets nervous or anxious, she immediately sticks her finger up her nose. When she had her tube inserted in her nose, she only had one option, but since it has come out, she has double the pleasure. It's so nice to see both cheeks once again. We hope we won't have to go back to the feeding tube and Maggie will be able to maintain her weight through eating.
"Please don't take my picture. I'm very shy."
Our neighbors have a 2 year old who will pass grass to Maggie through the fence. Maggie has enjoyed this experience and thus the reason for the new found interest in grass.
Maggie is playing with some grass outside. This picture was taken the weekend after we returned from our last inpatient stay. She was willing to be by herself exploring for awhile, which we are so happy to see.
Maggie loves her hats. Whenever we read books or watch tv, she always points out the person (or animal's) hat. It's funny though because if we try to buy her a new hat and have her try it on at the store, she gets very upset. She wants to wear the hat that she has on at that current time. Luckily she gives them all a chance when the tag comes off and it's been sitting in our house for awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that polka-dot hat and the finger int eh nose is too funny!

The Barnett Family said...

Sometimes I look and see Whitney, and then other pictures I see Andy. She is very versatile! I love to see the pictures. So, does she have a port under her skin now? Since the Broviac is gone? I am confused.