Monday, August 3, 2009

Chicago Update

Just a quick update-- We don't have internet access in our room, so we must go to a corner bakery next to the hotel to check the internet.

Maggie was up last night at 2:30 wanting cream cheese. This is her new staple it appears. After trying to get her back to sleep, I eventually gave up and gave her the cream cheese. She was wide awake and wanted to watch t.v. (one of her new words). We gave her some of our Frappuccino yesterday (she likes the whipped cream, but also the strong coffee taste I guess). I of course gave her some since it was liquid and mucho calories. I think it ended up biting us in the butt. After Andy took her down to the lobby and for a walk around the hotel, around 5:15 she finally went back to sleep. Not a very good night sleep.

Though we are in a king sized bed, it's amazing how much Maggie has become a worm in the bed and wiggles all over the place. She also has become a cuddler (or a moocher perhaps of the bed) and lays next to one of us (most often I'm the lucky one) and practically pushes us off the bed. My sleep hasn't been very good lately. I'm thinking we need to figure out how to transition her to her own bed eventually.

Maggie's diarrhea has come back a little more feriously today. She had a very saturated stroller seat. We are trying to combat it with Immodium, but we are running out. I don't know how good of a job the Immodium is doing. It seems like a losing battle to us.

All and all, things are going pretty well. We are enjoying the sites of the city. One little bummer is that Maggie wants nothing to do with Andy right now. He basically is her gopher-- "Dada, more train." "Dada, cheese." You get the point. Andy is getting quite down about it, with good reason. It is a bit of a spiral because I end up taking the brunt of the load-- carrying her around the city (she is not always a fan of the stroller), carrying her to sleep, etc. It ends up wearing me out and in turn I get a bit edgy. So, I just hope for Andy's sake, that Maggie will soon warm up to him once again.

Please pray for Maggie that her diarrhea will go away and that her hydration will maintain at a good level. Please also pray that she will keep eating. It is such a struggle for us still and we can just see all of those added pounds from TPN slowly disappearing. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Steve said...

I would shudder to think about what it would be like to give Ian some frappucino. I'm impressed that you still say that things are going prety well all and all with all of those complications. Did you hit the aquarium yet? You need to. I bet Maggie (not to mention you guys) would love the dolphin show. Peace, Brotha' Steve

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are going well and that you can take a vacation! We will pray for a smooth trip and that Maggie's eating will continue to improve. Miss you guys!
Lara
PS- I like the new pictues!