Monday, February 8, 2010

From the hospital...

We didn't expect to be here, but we will be attempting to sleep from our old familiar room on the Hematology/Oncology unit. We had been discussing Maggie having rapid breathing over the weekend, and as it turns out, Maggie has pneumonia. You wouldn't guess it here by the look on her face. This was one of her better moments. She's still adjusting to being here, having probes and leads on her, and I'm sure she doesn't feel quite 100%.

This is new territory for us--Maggie's never had pneumonia. She has begun several treatments, including steroids (we had a two day break from them, and now they're back) and she is on oxygen. Also, she has started several antibiotics to cover a variety of types of pneumonia. Some are easier to treat than others, so we'd appreciate prayers for Maggie to respond quickly to the treatment. The key issues will be getting her oxygen saturation rate back up to normal while weaning her off of her oxygen. Please pray that the pneumonia gets better (and not worse).

We'll fill in more details as we get them.

11 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh, sorry to hear this. You would never know by that sweet smile that she is not feeling well. Praying it goes away soon and you can all go home!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I'll come by in just a little bit. Hugs. Jess

Jo-Anne said...

We will certainly add some extra prayers for you and Maggie and can't wait to see and "all better" update!

Debbie said...

I was so sorry to read this. I've had pneumonia several times. It isn't fun, but the smile on Maggie's face is so encouraging. I will be praying and waiting for better news.

Debbie M.

~Tina Miller~ said...

Thanks so much for the last three posts...and now this one. In the below pics, Maggie looks so very happy as she plays and pushes her stroller around with her baby in it. And her wearing her backpack is so cute. I'm so glad she started walking some in the video you posted. I loved seeing how happy you and Maggie were in the video. It made me smile as well! And I'm sure Andy was smiling from ear to ear too! :)
I am so sorry to hear that Maggie is in the hospital with pneumonia. You definately have my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery from this!!! I will pray for Maggie's oxygen level to return to normal as well. Take great care...much Love! Tina

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys today. Maggie is such a strong little girl, but I know where she gets it from! Hang in there! Hugs Jess

Anonymous said...

Prayers are with you guys and hopefully Maggie will be feeling better soon. Pneumonia has been going around and it's unfortunate Maggie also has it, but her smile tells a lot. May you have peace and some rest these next couple of days>
Stacey P. and family

Anonymous said...

You are right, you can't tell by looking at her that she isn't 100%. I am sorry that she (and you) have to endure this. We are of course praying for you and for her rapid response to the medicine. We also pray that you'll get some rest too. With love,
Melanie (for the Parks)

Linda J said...

Sorry to hear of the recent development. But that picture in the hospital is pretty cute.
You're in our prayers!

kensingtonlawyer said...

Oh goodness! Prayers for quick healing and a smooth recovery. Sorry to hear that you have to be inpatient, but it is good that they jumped on things and have all the proverbial bases covered. Continued thoughts and prayers for you all.

Love,
Monica Miyashita
Orrville, OH

Anonymous said...

All I can say to you three dear ones is, love and prayers always.

Great Aunt Phyllis