She is showing signs of having an inflammatory response that is making her lungs very ill. One possibility is that the antibiotics are starting to work, but they can make the situation worse before it gets better. If that is the case, we need to weather that storm and buy more time to allow the bug and the inflammatory response to both get under control. We pray that this is what is happening.
We do worry about what the night will bring, as we have learned in the past couple days that nights have not been good to us. We are praying for an uneventful night, for greater clarity in the morning about what the infection is, and for gradual improvement. We have been told to take this moment to moment, and day by day. Nothing is easy about what is going on.
We have been so grateful today for family support, visits from friends, and for support in churches, from online, and everywhere else. Please continue to pray for Maggie. She has been heroic and needs all the support that she can get to continue to live.
We hope that we don't have to post until into the day tomorrow.
25 comments:
So glad to hear she is hanging in there.
Thanks so much for the update. So glad that she's being so tough--what a girl you have! Have been praying all day. Our kids will stop what they're doing and ask, "Mom, how's Maggie, is she doing ok?" :) They're praying too! Praying that your night is uneventful and peaceful and maybe even a little rest?! Will look forward to your update tomorrow!
Much love,
Praying for peace and comfort for you and Andy. Maggie is such a fighter. We will pray that the night goes well and the morning brings new hope.
Love Always,
Nat and Andy
"Our" Maggie is such a spirited fighter! Prayers continuing from family and friends and all our churches. Praying for a peaceful night with good progress on the antibiotic treatment, for rest for you, Andy and your other family and friends who are able to be there with you. Thanking God for Maggie's wonderful spirit and her strong and faithful parents.
Debbie M.
Continued prayers for your Maggie girl. I wish their was something I could do. If there is anything, please ask! Prayers for both of you too.
We are thinking of you so much!!! We pray that Maggie has a good night. All our love, Justin & Tabi
Thanks for the update. Praying for sweet sleep for all of you tonight and that as you all rest physically, God would hold you close and let you rest in Him knowing He has Maggie in His care.
Thanks for the updates. I've been praying and thinking of her.
Kristy
We are praying for you all. I hope it is ok but we even put Maggie on our prayer list at church (first name only). Try to get some rest.I know that is easier said than done especially being at the hospital but do try.
Love,
Hollie
mom to Jackie
I am praying for the doctors tonight....that they find out exactly and precisely what is going on so that they can make Maggie better. Also praying for Maggie and that both of you get some rest. We are thinking of you.
Sweet Maggie has been on my mind all day... will continue to pray.
So many people love you all. I know you can feel the prayers. Stay strong in Jesus!
I miss you.
Tricia May-Woods
I shared about and we prayed for Maggie as a group in our Adult Bible Fellowship class this morning, then in choir practice this afternoon, and lastly tonight during house church. She is enveloped in the prayers of so many! I will specifically pray that you all can have a restful, uneventful night.
Continuing prayers for all of you and asked my church to pray also. May God continue to give Maggie and both of you the power to fight and the hope for a miracle each day!
Continuing to pray for little Maggie and you both and I hope that it is a good night for all. Take care. So many people have been thinking about you and praying for you all day!
Our family and our church have Maggie and her Mom and Dad in our prayers!
God Bless you and Keep the Faith.
Bob & Eileen Thompson
We have been thinking of you guys and praying for you all day. Hoping you all have a restful night.
Love and prayers,
Woody, Christal and Boys
My thoughts and prayers go up for this young family. Our daughter Molly was born two months premature at 2# 14 oz. Every parent in ICU hit the ceiling when those alarms would go off. Now, we are greatful to say that Our Molly is now 23, a pre-school teacher and a wife! Stay strong and encourage eachother, love eachother and remember, God is in control.
My friend, Janel Barnett, has asked me to pray for your little darling Maggie, and I will certainly be adding her to my list. She's a gorgeous little girl and I hope that she's feeling better very very soon!
HOPING THIS COMMENT FINDS YOU ALL RESTING WELL AND AT EASE! I AM ASKING OUR DEAR GOD ABOVE AS I TYPE THIS TO DO EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO MAKE MAGGIE BETTER...EVEN IF IT TAKES LITTLE STEPS. MAGGIE AND YOU BOTH, (ANDY & WHITNEY) ARE CONSTANTLY ON MY MIND AND IN MY HEART WITH MANY MANY PRAYERS! MAY GOD BE WITH MAGGIE'S DOCTORS AND GUIDE THEM AND HELP THEM TO FIGURE OUT THE REMEDY THAT MAGGIE NEEDS TO HEAL HER AND GET THROUGH THIS TOUGH TIME. SO MANY CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE COMING YOUR WAY! WE ALL CARE SO VERY MUCH! LOVE, TINA, BILL, BROCK, MY NEICE...BRITTNEY, TIM, KAREN, STEVEN, PAIGE, BABY RHIANNON, BONNIE, ALL MY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS~
I am glad that Maggie is hanging in there and making small steps in decreasing her oxygen and blood pressure meds. You have to take each small step and celebrate it. From our experience, the process of healing was a slow one with many ups and downs. I pray that you only see an upward trend. I pray Maggie improves each day and that you can both hang tough alongside her. Focus on prayer and your faith. It is the only thing that pulled me through. Call or e-mail if I can help in any way. I am working today and Wednesday, but will keep an eye on my phone and return messages as I can. I am praying for you all.
Karen Cooley
Checking in this morning. Hoping that no new post means Maggie is doing ok. Still sending prayers.
Am trusting you had an uneventful night. I am praying for the doctors to have wisdom, Maggie to have healng and all the extended families and especially Whitney and Andy to have God's peace and rest. He is a miracle working God. And as I am praying I am being reminded of how often before complete healing it hits bottom.
Oh what a testimony our sweet Maggie will have.Love you all.
RuthAnn Bixler in Florida.
Dear Andy, Whitney & Ms. Maggie,
We are continuing to pray for your strength and endurance during these difficult and challenging times. Sounds like Maggie is showing some signs of improvement and we hope this trend certainly continues for her. Thank you for taking time to update everyone, we read updates on all our Hem/Oc friends everyday and wish them nothing but the very best. Maggie continues to be so very impressive, she is quite a fighter. Nan is looking forward to a play date once they are both able!
Love, Jason, Sara & Nan Bouchard
A second comment so quickly. As I went to my devotions, I wanted so much comfort for the situation. And I got this poem which gave me hope and comfort. I want to share it with you. Be blessed and comforted.
There is healing in Him
There is healing in Him
Praise God, Praise God
There is healing in Him.
There is healing in Him
There is healing in Him
When all life looks grim
There is healing in Him.
There is healing in Him
There is healing in Him
Have faith and believe
There is healing in Him.
O Lord, all those stripes
Were for healing for me
For all who believe
From death will be free.
Hold to your faith
In Me only believe
Oh yes, my child
There is healing for thee.
Ruth Ann Bixler in Florida
Post a Comment