Thursday, May 20, 2010

Maggie's ankle

Well, unfortunately, we got some news today about Maggie's ankle. When at our clinic visit, I asked Dr. French if it would be possible to get an x-ray to assure that Maggie's foot was okay. I didn't want to push her if she was indeed hurting from her injury from 2 weeks ago. We just got a call saying that Maggie's ankle has a fracture. After some rearranging of doctor appointments (Maggie has a pulmonary appointment in Cincinnati tomorrow), we are going to go to the orthopedic doctor to have Maggie put in a cast. Our pulmonary appointment has been pushed to July, so hopefully Maggie's lungs will continue to improve.

While Andy says that now we have an answer to Maggie's pain, it hurts me to have to put her through yet another doctor's appointment. I don't know what tomorrow will entail and how long it will take for it to heal (as well as if it will heal properly given it is now a 2 week injury). Hopefully everything will work out and this will help Maggie to start her adventure in walking once again.

Maggie's labs continue to show us that she is doing well. Her hemoglobin and platelets are the highest we've ever seen them. We pray that Maggie continues to show us through her labs that her cancer is gone forever. Please continue to pray for Maggie, that she is completely healed and that her fracture will heal without any lasting affects.


5 comments:

John and Bethany said...

I am impressed with your advocacy for Maggie, your Mommy instinct is amazing. I'll pray for total healing for Maggie. I'm sure the guilt can be difficult to deal with, but it is obvious that you are doing your best for her.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for good labs but sad that little Maggie will need a cast. How right you were to ask for the x-ray. No wonder she didn't want to try to walk! Will continue to pray for Maggie's complete healing with every bit of her body healthy again. Cousin Carol

Anonymous said...

Such good instinct! You might want to ask for a waterproof cast, it will make your life so much easier!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Ms. Maggie,

We are so sorry to hear that you have a fracture, but way to go Mommy for getting that x-ray! Maybe you could get a bright pink cast and if Nan were able to visit, he would decorate it with truck and car stickers. Wishing you the very best recovering from your fracture.
Sincerely, Jason, Sara & Nan

Anonymous said...

This morning I was thinking, if this little tyke can manage some cheery moments when she has an undiagnosed ankle fracture, who am I to complain about the arthritic joint pains that go with aging?

Not the first opportunity I have had to regard Maggie with awe. Along with her parents, who are going through this with her.

And being so in tune with her they can alert the doctors to problems when needed.

Love and prayers always.

Great Aunt Phyllis