It is with sadness that I share Lincoln's passing on to heaven yesterday morning. He was a fighter--one of the strongest little boys I've ever met. He defied much of the doctors opinions. For the last several months, Lincoln has had a white count greater than 200,000 (normal white count is 6,000-11,000). Under most situations, a person does not survive long periods with cancer invading the body, but this little boy did...and for many months. He was an amazing little boy.
Back when I was in high school, I experienced the first real "death" that I could comprehend (if death is able to be comprehended). A person my brothers went to college with died in a working accident. That was the first time I really had questions for God. I really wanted to know why God takes wonderful, young people early in their life. Why does God allow accidents to happen? Why does he allow people full of life and great potential to die?
This question has not been answered, but instead has only gotten more complicated in the past 2 years. Why does God let little children get cancer? I understand adults who have made poor decisions in life can end up paying for their decisions through cancer, but children? Innocent, full of life, full of potential children? And babies? Come on God, where's your heart? I've watched children, my own child, suffer and experience things that nobody should experience, especially a child. I have watched the innocence of children be stripped away from them. And now I watch babies pass away after fighting so hard to live. It doesn't make any sense to me and though I know life isn't fair, this really isn't fair at all. No child should have to go through something like this and no child should lose their life so early.
Please pray for the Hammett family. Pray for every family that has a child with cancer who has fought their fight and has entered heaven as an angel. Pray for every child who has been diagnosed with cancer.
We love you baby Lincoln.
7 comments:
You may want to check out: When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner. Here's the Amazon review: "Rarely does a book come along that tackles a perennially difficult human issue with such clarity and intelligence. Harold Kushner, a Jewish rabbi facing his own child's fatal illness, deftly guides us through the inadequacies of the traditional answers to the problem of evil, then provides a uniquely practical and compassionate answer that has appealed to millions of readers across all religious creeds. Remarkable for its intensely relevant real-life examples and its fluid prose, this book cannot go unread by anyone who has ever been troubled by the question, "Why me/us/them?""
If we believe in God....then we have to believe that a child dies because of a disease....not because God wants a child to suffer. God gave us life...the world which we have created...takes life away..sometimes way too early. Lincoln's family is suffering, Lincoln is an angel now...no one can ease their pain...my prayers are with them.
T.
Your words have said everything I have ever thought about kids and cancer.......so very hard.
Your questions are so understandable. And while we may not have your specific painful reasons for asking them, I think most of us ask them at one time or another as well.
I believe God loves us in our questions, which can be seen as evidence of our greater yearning.
Love and prayers always.
Great Aunt Phyllis
I'm so sorry. She was always so sweet and nice in icu, i remember when the dad got a medal downstairs at childrens. I will keep them in our prayers
I will pray for Lincoln's family. Whitney, thank you for asking God "why?" in each and every one of these circumstances. It is through sincere, honest conversation with our Father that we begin to develop the relationship He so desperately wants with each one of us.
Whitney--I'm so sorry to hear of baby Lincoln. We will keep his family in our prayers...so hard when there are young siblings trying to also figure out the answers to those "why" questions. While we were at Riley with Toby there was a couple down the way that lost their little girl. It's so hard to understand why you are able to rejoice that your little one is making it while you know there is an other family grieving. I, too, still reflect back on Andy's death quite often and question why. I've never really gotten answers to those questions, but I have seen many, many times that God has turned that tragedy into a good use in order to draw others towards Him. It's hard to understand such raw pain though so it still seems unthinkable. I have truly struggled in my relationship with the Lord in whole-heartedly trusting Him because of my loss of Andy. He has proven countless times to be trustworthy, but it's still hard when such a HUGE trust was also broken. I have no advice for you at all except to just say that you aren't alone in your questions and that God is big enough to take them on. We still think of you often and pray that everything continues in the right direction for you all. Give Miss Maggie a hug from us and give your future little one a little tap on the belly! : ) Blessings. Angie
Post a Comment