Monday, July 26, 2010

And we're off... again


So, after several weeks, we are back to where we were...walking! Andy and I talked last night and feel like we have experienced Maggie's "first steps" about 4 times now... and each time is just as sweet as the time before. We hope these first steps are her last and from now on she only takes off walking... and eventually even running. When Maggie wants to go somewhere she says "run fast!" and then crawls really fast. I can't wait until she actually runs really fast

We had our monthly appointment with Dr. French today and things continue to go well. When Dr. French saw Maggie, his first comment was "she's got a lot of hair." He was pleased with the way she looks, her blood counts, and even her immune system test (though they are a little below normal yet). The possible plan is to take the port out in September, as her last anti-pneumonia drug will be given most likely next month. Again, we left the clinic with a sense of relief that she is still on the right track. We pray this continues for the rest of her life.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! You go, Maggie!!!!
Cousin Carol

The Barnett Family said...

Awesome news.

O'Briskie Family said...

:) what a very exciting video :)

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Way to go Maggie! Look at you go! Momma and Daddy are in trouble now! Look at all that hair!!! What a big girl!!! I'm so happy for you all!!! Can we go to a dragons game soon? or back to the farm? I'd love to see you!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! So happy to see Maggie looking so healthy! Without the "tnt" (tube 'n' tape) and now walking, I think Mom and Dr. Daddy are in deep trouble - enjoy every single precious moment!

Jo-Anne said...

Keep up the good work Maggie! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this precious moment. For a precious girl.

Love and prayers always.

Great Aunt Phyllis

Debbie said...

She's growing up so fast - and so beautiful! Way to go, Maggie!

Debbie M.

E said...

What a girl! So proud of her! I love seeing her in action, thanks for posting the video! And, I love her hair! So great! :)

Anonymous said...

you come a long way baby. God is awesome.praying for a complete recovery. This was so great to watch.Love from Tennessee

Anonymous said...

Sooooo happy for Dr. Andy! And so happy for Maggie. The Bixler family has come a long way in just a month. Something to think about for fluids for Maggie. My son had a respiratory illness and the antibiotic destroyed his lining in his intestines. No milk or juices for him at 12 months old until the intestine healed. We mixed him sweet teas and koolaid for a liquid, just not as strong. If the sugar won't hurt Maggie (she needs the calories) then maybe that is something you want to check into. I am so happy to see how well your family is doing when I open your blog! God is good!

Kendra George said...

She does have some beautiful hair! Rejoicing with you! How awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news! I am so proud of you Maggie!

Love,
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Hurray! And I love her beautiful red hair!

Jon and Melissa Wolf said...

Way to go Maggie!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news!! What a joy to see her in the video. Would love to see you all soon.
love Jim and Diana :)

Anonymous said...

Of course her hair is beautiful, it grew out of her sweet head! :) So so happy to see her taking steps again, bless her little heart. May she keep going this direction and never stop! From the Swishers in OH

Jerad said...

I don't know which is better...the walk or that full head of hair! She looks beautiful and healthy and I can't wait for nothing but good news on the blog. Hope to catch up with you guys this summer. Take care of that sweet little girl. (And thanks to Andy for the post re: the liver counts a few weeks ago - I slept better that night just because of your post!)

Susan DiGiorgio said...

Wow! Maggie is a living miracle. She is here to do wonderul things in her life, first of which was unifying people all over the US in prayer!

I can see her growing stronger and she just looks joyful! I am so very happy that she is tubeless! What a difference that will make for all of you.
God bless you all.
Susan DiGiorigo

Anonymous said...

Look at her go! I'm so happy for all of you! You are in my continued thoughts and prayers every day! : )