Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Upper GI

Unfortunately, not much has changed for Maggie and the diarrhea. Her diarrhea has picked up in the last few days or perhaps it never really changed much. Who knows anymore. I had been given the okay to give Maggie milk again and so I did the last couple days. I am wondering if maybe the milk might be increasing the frequency and changing the consistency even though she doesn't have a lactose intolerance. Again, who knows, but we'll withhold what she likes to give her any small amount of change for the better.

Can you tell we're a bit down about all of this? I cannot say enough how hard this has been on Maggie and her body. It's so sad to see her skin drooping on her. It's just not fair at all that she must deal with GI issues on top of cancer. I have learned that life isn't fair, but it doesn't mean that I still don't live by that principle. We need some answers and we especially need a treatment plan THAT WORKS.

With that being said, the nurse from Cinti. Children's contacted me today and said they are going to go ahead and schedule an upper GI with a small bowel study for Maggie. This is what comes next on the list that Dr. Mezoff has created and the last item on the list is another scope. She said they may just have to do another. What a new scope is going to show that the old one didn't I don't know. I'm going to try to schedule this procedure before her next appointment, November 6. I'm not sure they expect to see anything, but again, I guess it'll just rule out one more thing.

Please pray for our little girl. Pray that these GI issues are resolved immediately-- that they find an answer, but more importantly, that they find a successful treatment. And of course, continue to pray for Maggie and for the main reason we started this blog-- that her cancer will go away and never return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney and Andy,
There are no words. It's not fair, it isn't even close. I just want to encourage you that you guys are such an awesome team. I know that God hand picked you to be Maggie's parents. I am overwhelmed daily by your circumstance, and humbled by your dedication.

I am hopeful/prayerful that the GI doctor will know what is happening and find a solution quickly. I praying that he see that urgency is needed here. Maggie needs her body to be strong, and ready to fight.

Hang in there. I am still up for Sat night, trick or treating if you think Maggie would enjoy it!

Hugs, Jess

E said...

We're praying for answers and even more than that-- a successful treatment option to end this part of the adventure for Maggie (and both of you!).
Praying, praying, praying!