Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home away from home

Life continues to be as "normal" as it can be for us. Maggie continues to do well-- smiling, laughing, playing, practicing her walking and standing. We are enjoying our time.

Maggie and I are actually not in Dayton right now. This past weekend we went home to attend a family wedding, and then Maggie and I are staying for the week at my parents. We worked it out with the doctors and pharmacy to allow us to take a visit. I am so grateful to Dayton Children's for working with our schedule. For the last 18 months, we have felt a bit like prisoners in our home, but now we can at least venture out a bit.

Maggie really enjoys being at Grandma and Grandpa's (aka Mom and Pop), as well as being with Aunt Morgan. She gets plenty of attention. We also were able to go out with Andy's family (minus Andy) last night for supper. Maggie got to tour a bit of Holmes County, but unfortunately didn't enjoy the hills or curves. She ended up getting sick in the back of Grandma Bixler's car just before we got to the restaurant. Thankfully she recovered well and we made it back home without any problems.

I have enjoyed this time of being home because it allows me to relax a bit. It's nice to have company during the day and it's even nicer to have Maggie socializing with others. She needs that time since she doesn't have the opportunity to see others, especially kids very often.

Thank you for your continued prayers for Maggie. They are working! Please keep praying that Maggie has been completely healed of cancer, that her diarrhea will go away for good, that her UTI will be cleared, and that her 2 month old cold will be healed.

7 comments:

~Tina Miller~ said...

DEAR ANDY, WHITNEY AND PRECIOUS MAGGIE, GOOD EVENING...I HOPE THAT YOU ALL ARE DOING GREAT! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE CONTINUED UP TO DATE POSTS ON HOW MAGGIE AND YOU GUYS ARE DOING. ALL THE PICTURES ARE SO SWEET AND DON'T WORRY WHITNEY...YOU CAN NEVER POST ENOUGH PICTURES OF MAGGIE! I LOVE SEEING HER CUTE SMILING FACE AND HAVING FUN AS WELL WITH COUSINS AND FRIENDS. I THINK OF YOU THREE EVERYDAY AND HOPE THAT GOD CONTINUES TO HEAL MAGGIE OF CANCER FOR GOOD! I PRAY EVERYDAY FOR THAT HEALING TO TAKE PLACE REAL SOON!!! I WILL ALSO CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR MAGGIE'S UTI, COLD AND DIARRHEA TO BE HEALED! I'M GLAD MAGGIE'S DOCTORS GAVE YOU THE OK TO BE AWAY FROM HOME! I'M SURE IT'S NICE TO HAVE A DIFFERENT CHANGE OF SCENERY. AND SO GLAD MAGGIE COULD SOCIALIZE WITH OTHERS. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP, STAY STRONG AND KEEP BELIEVING!!! ALL MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!! GIVE MAGGIE A KISS FOR ME ON THOSE CUTE CHEEKS. MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL, TINA :)

Nicki said...

wow, this post really made me smile! Thanks for the update Whitney and have a great time with your family. You SO deserve some happy, stress-free days!

kensingtonlawyer said...

Great news! It sounds like being home was good medicine : )

Always thinking of and praying for you!

Monica Miyashita, Orrville, Ohio

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed all the Christmas pictures. It's so good to see Maggie smiling and interacting with other children. And now all the social interaction in Orrville as well. And I'm sure you're enjoying all of this as well.

Love and prayers always.

Great Aunt Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Whitney,

I am so glad you and Maggie were able to come home and spend some time with family! I hope it was a great visit and you are refreshed to head back home!

Susan N.

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney,
I'm so glad you have some support at home right now. I hope you are able to relax and unwind as much as possible. Today at lunch Jay fell over crying. When I asked him what was wrong, he said, "I want to see Maggie, can she come to my house. Where is Whitney mommy?" He really misses Maggie and I miss you! Lets get together when you are back in Dayton! Hugs, Jess

Dri said...

I'm so glad you guys are able to get away and be with family. I hope it's as therapeutic as it sounds!!