Maggie continues to feel great while we spend time away from the hospital. Her sores are no longer bleeding and have only required pain meds once a day (if that). The doctor said today that they probably aren't as deep as the previous mouth sores--whatever the reason, they're not bothering Maggie like the previous ones did. We are so grateful for this. We can't say it enough. In the last few days we've walked to a community carnival (twice), drove to Bluffton, OH for a family reunion, had my brother and fam over for an extended visit, visited friends over lunch, and eaten out quite a few times. The weather has been beautiful and we have taken advantage. Maggie continues to make us smile and laugh. Tonight in a pet store she talked (loudly) with the puppies and kitties in the cages. She's learned to scoot her high chair backwards by slamming her back against the chair. Overall, she's been very vocal and cheery. A bit attached to mommy, but she's slept a little bit here and there and she's put on half a pound since Thursday (good eating!).
We'll get a phone call from the doctor tomorrow for instructions for the next chemo. He said today that we'll likely start sometime this week since Maggie's sores are improving. Should be Wednesday or Thursday, more than likely. Whenever it starts, we'll have several days in the hospital, then be home for a few, then back in again for more chemo.
Thanks to everyone for such wonderful comments, emails, cards, gifts, etc. We feel very loved. We're working on getting in touch with as many of you as we can, either by phone, email, card or letter, etc. Thanks for your patience. We'll continue to update the blog, probably more often once we're in the hospital.
Goodnight.
9 comments:
Praise God for all He has done! So awesome to hear the good report!!! Prayers will keep coming!
Thanks for this detailed good report.
I myself am quite happy not to receive blog or other report if that means you are all doing so well as you have been these past days!
Let's hope that the periods between chemo treatments in the future are as good and even better than this one!
Love and prayers always. Great Aunt Phyllis
I am glad that Maggie's sores don't seem to be bothering her. The hardest time for us was when Katie-Belle had the mouth sore because she was so miserable and couldn't eat or drink much. I count us lucky that she only had them once. Don't worry too much about getting a little off schedule. As our oncologist said" Nobody stays on schedule." I do know that you are anxious to get through the worst of it and make sure that the leukemia stays in remission, but sometimes we have to wait and let their little bodies heal from the trauma of the chemo drugs. Enjoy your time at home, you don't get a lot of it those first 4 months.
Love, The Cooleys
So glad to hear of the sense of normalcy in your last posting. My wish for all of you is to have many more such days.
Considering where I work, we have many opportunities to use prayer. I want to share an Irish prayer I like a lot.
May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering angel so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you, faithful friends near you and whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.
Thinking of you and sending my best. Geri
Whiteny and Andy-
I am so glad to hear maggie is doing well and you are getting out and about! I am sure that is a wonderful feeling. We will keep praying that this next round of chemo goes smoothly too! What a blessing!!
Wonderful news that our prayers are being answered so completely! As you said earlier, fewer updates is good news, so when I checked and saw no news, I just thought of you being out and about and enjoying yourselves! Glad you've been having so much fun and family time!
Debbie M.
This precious little girl has touched our hearts. Please know that others care and are praying for her complete healing and full restoration. Jesus is the Great Physician and we are instructed to cast ALL of our cares on Him. Also, we are praying for Andy and Whitney. Trying times invade all of our lives and we are trusting that God will flood your home with peace, hope and countless blessings. Keep your trust in Him. Love, Park and Sheri
We check your blog often and are so grateful for the good report. We continue to pray for Maggie and for both of you!
Love and prayers, Kay and Terry
Whitney and Andy I've been praying and thinking about Maggie often and am so glad she is feeling better! She is such a strong little girl. I do however wonder how you two are holding up. I wish I could relieve you of your worries. Take care and God bless.
Post a Comment