Maggie's counts made a dramatic turn today (for the better). We were hoping to see her ANC reach 500 soon, and today it reached 3200! So, she has immune functioning that is comparable to most of you reading the blog. This rapid growth also explains the blast cells that they saw yesterday and had to investigate. The doctor today said that since the blast cells are normal blasts, they are a "non-issue." No need to worry about that.
Since she's recovering, she's due for chemo by Thursday, but they're planning to discharge us in the morning to give us a two day break--we'll likely return to the hospital by Friday at the latest. They also took her off all of her antibiotics as her blood cultures remain negative. Maggie had a fever during the night last night, but nothing today.
We're excited to get to go home, even for a short time before returning.
7 comments:
Wow. What an answered prayer. I am so thrilled for you guys! I know you have been longing to go home, I hope you will be able to get some rest. Is it okay if I bring over lasagna for dinner on Thursday? We are praying for you guys.
Jess
I am Karen Cooley, Katie-Belle's mom from S.C. whom you e-mailed after reading our Caring Bridge journal. I was hoping to leave a note before now, but I am computer challenged and just learned from my husband how to leave a comment on here. I wanted to say that the blast cells were likely due to the mounting response to the neupogen, but glad that the doctors affirmed that for you. It always freaked me out when Katie-Belle's WBC would get 25,000+ after her neupogen shots but it always came back to normal by the next CBC. You guys have had a rough road so far. Glad that you are getting a few days at home. We also had very few of those in the beginning, so I know how you long for time all together at home. I know it can be a little scary to be away from constant medical attention too, but the doctors are only a phone call away usually if you need to know what to do. HOpe that things continue to look up. Better days will follow these tough ones. They will come sooner than you think too. Maggie is adorable.
Love, Karen Cooley
Whit, Andy & Maggie~
You guys have an amazing perspective to see the positive through this! Keep it up! We are praying for you all!
Love~Greg, Shannon, Lucas & Kallie :)
A&W-
I heard about Maggie through the BU grapevine. My heart goes out to all of you. We will be praying for you.
Miranda (Goyings) Martel
Thank you, Karen Cooley, I'm sure it's good for Andy and Whitney to have the witness of someone who has traveled much the same journey. As an extended family member, it's very good for me, too. Andy, Whitney, and Maggie, I hope your days at home are restful and fun. I have witnessed your ability to enjoy the good moments when they come. We all pray for as many of these as possible. Great Aunt Phyllis
I'm glad that you have had some time at home I hope your treatment goes well today. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Christi (Ullinger) Michaels from the bluffton fam and Orrville- I work at the library and see your parents.
God's answered so many prayers already, I'm sure he'll continue to answer our special prayers today.
Debbie M.
Post a Comment