We had quite the eventful day today. Unfortunately Maggie got sick a couple of times this morning and I was unable to salvage her feeding tube. When Maggie vomits, her feeding tube will start to come out due to the force and normally I am able to push it back in. However this morning, her feeding tube came out of her throat and I was unable to put it back in. With that, we had home care come and put feeding tube number three in. It was again very traumatic for Maggie and Andy said that she knew immediately what was going to happen as she covered her nose. Poor thing. I fortunately have not witnessed one yet, however Andy has been less fortunate.
Maggie has been a bit fussy this afternoon and it worries us that her dehydration might be sneaking back again. This was one of the signs that she demonstrated on Sunday. She continues to have dirty diapers and I am unable to determine whether the wetness is from urine or pure diarrhea. It is a very scary thing and we are very tense about the possibility of dehydration.
Maggie goes into the clinic tomorrow afternoon to have her counts checked. We will also most likely take a look at her electrolytes to determine her level of hydration. Please pray that the diarrhea will go away and that Maggie will stay well hydrated.
2 comments:
We are praying for you guys. I'm so sorry they haven't figured this out yet. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.
Jessica
I had hoped that when I checked the blog today, there would be no new report, as that would indicate things continue to go well there at home.
I am so sorry about having having to reinsert the tube and continued concerns about dehydration.
But I am still glad you are keeping us posted.
I think of and pray for you daily, but these posts are still good reminders.
Love. Great Aunt Phyllis
Post a Comment