Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blood Gases

Maggie's CO2 and PH continue to cause many problems. They have finally decided to change Maggie to a ventilator again versus the oscillator, to see if that might work. This is something they wanted to try to hold off for a few days, but Maggie doesn't seem to be improving with these gases.

This is a very scary change and Maggie needs a lot of prayer right now. Pray that the ventilator will do a better job of releasing the gases from Maggie's body. Pray hard.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying - non-stop. We pray that the vent does the job and that Maggie's lungs continue to heal.

Anonymous said...

Constantly praying.~mz

Debbie said...

Always praying all day.

Debbie M.

O'Briskie Family said...

praying and wrapping you in love and hugs.

The Barnett Family said...

I hope this makes a positive change for her. Praying...

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all. You're always on our minds...love you
Jim & Diana

Jo-Anne said...

Nothing can stop us from praying. We're thinking and praying for her constantly.
-The Michigan Miller's

~Tina Miller~ said...

Dear Andy and Whitney, We are praying CONSTANTLY and so VERY HARD for your precious Maggie. We pray that her CO2 and her PH start to improve soon. Hopefully this ventilator change will work. We are thankful that Maggie was successfully flipped back to her back. We also pray that Maggie's whole body begins to become strong again and her lungs heal quickly from pneumonia. May God continue to comfort you ALL at this very difficult time in your lives. Our hearts are heavy for the both of you and your families. We care immensly and pray for your strength and for Maggie's Medical Team to have wisdom to help your little daughter make it through this! We wish you a GREAT and PEACEFUL night. Please blow Maggie a big kiss for me...OK? I can't hold back my tears writing this...I care so very very much!
*~WARM HUGS AND LOTS OF COURAGE~*
*~I LOVE YOU GUYS~* *~DON'T STOP BELIEVING~* *~KEEP THE FAITH~*
*~Much Love~*...Tina & Bill and Everyone who is praying with me
P.S. Smiles for Maggie, With Love :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Am praying for Maggie. Just have to tell you what happened this afternoon. I was at the laundromat and spoke with a nurse whose dryer quit and she brought in her wet laudry to get it dry. She told me she has a spspecial interest in leukemia patients and so I told her about Maggie without giving her her Maggie's name. She then asked me what is this child's name so I told her. She told me her Mother in Illinois just had emailed her about Maggie and her blog and asked her to join the people praying for her. I asked her if her mother knew the family and sshe said she didn't think so but someone told her about Maggie and she always prays for people who are sick. So I thanked her and hugged her for you, but like an idiot I forgot to ask her name. God is in the details. I had planned to do my laundry Tuesday, but it didn't happen. Now I know why.Love you, Cousin Ruth Ann in Florida.