Maggie had a stable night--continues to be about where we were the second half of yesterday. They are managing to drop her a bit on her blood pressure medicine and her oxygen and CO2 balance is okay.
We got some rest and sleep, too.
Today is another big day.
20 comments:
I am a friend of Dallas' (Judith) and have just heard of little Maggie's journey. As a parent with a young child, I can only imagine what this must be like. I just want you to know that I am praying feverishly for you, your family and Maggie. God Bless you and keep you.
Praise The Lord!!! He is keeping you all in His care. I will continue to pray through the day that you find answers and her condition continues to improve. Angie
Thank You for the update. Continual prayers for all of you.
Maggie has been on our prayer chain at church ever since the beginning and I sent out another one last night. We are in continual prayer for Maggie and you two.
Thinking of you guys and we'll continue our non-stop prayers for Maggie to recover soon. Ally and Janel are in the clinic today if you need ANYTHING.
Praying for the sweet girl. Glad you got some rest. I will see you this afternoon. Jess
Praise God for his wonderful care! Every time I woke up during the night and again all morning, I prayed for you all.
Debbie M.
So glad to hear that she continues to hang in there - what an amazingly strong child!!! Thinking of you all. So glad you got some rest too!
Thank you for sharing with us your journey and for the updates - they are appreciated and checked for often!
Whitney..(FROM TAMARA (FOSTER) LARK
Bluffton Class of 2000
I found your blogspot through Angie and am so sorry to hear of Maggie's pneumonia...She is in my prayers today...I read more of what you two and Maggie have been through and am so happy to see her smiling face on these pictures! I had a 28 weeker and we were in the NICU for over 3 months, so I know those hospitals get old after a while...Hang in there...You have a beautiful family!
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. With love, Dara Young (COLE's Prayer Team)
www.colesfoundation.com
Hello...I work with Casey and he has kept me up to date on your amazing daughter over his past year and a half here. I know that we have never met, but Casey showed me the blog and I just wanted to let you know that Maggie, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself and each other...Maggie will need your strength when she gets over this nasty bug!
Whitney and Andy,
I've been breathing prayers for you even in my sleep. I woke up this morning hoping that your night had been restful and calm. I'm so glad that you were able to rest--that always boosts perspective so much to have had some sleep. We'll be continuing our prayers. Erika Nelson--a longtime friend of ours wrote me on facebook that she's met you in the clinic with her daughter. She asked that I tell you that she's praying for you, too. It's such a small world! :)
Hugs and LOTS of prayer for a GOOD day. Hang in there!
Love,
Elisha
Glad to read good news this morning. Maggie is such a strong girl and a fighter. I love you all lots
Hi Ya Maggie,
I know you’re too young to read this so I’ll just pretend that you are and let your mommy and daddy read this to you – OK
Before I can even begin to write I must tell you that you are cuter than a bug in a rug, a very pretty young lady indeed and far too pretty to be fighting such a nasty disease, but fight you must, never give up and I promise you that I’ll won’t either and my name is Grandpa John.
Actually, my name is John Raschke, but all of my Little Buddies know me better by the name Grandpa John. Who are my Little Buddies you may ask? Well, they are all of the most beautiful children in the world, such as you, who are fighting childhood cancer in any form. What I do is that I run for all of my Little Buddies to raise awareness of and hopefully funds for research to beat childhood. And I would love to add your name to the list of Little Buddies I am going run my next race for. I am really not sure which race it will be yet cause I am in training for a really big run this September (and I would love to carry you with me on that one too.) It’s called “Circle the Lake for the Cure - Fight Childhood Cancer: A Memorial to All Warriors Big & Small” Here is the link to the blog site:
http://www.circlethelakeforthecure.blogspot.com/
I have another blog site (see below) where in I try to write down all the doings and going-ons about what we are trying to do to help and so my Little Buddies can keep an eye on ol’ Gj to make sure he’s living up to his promise to them, which is the same promise I now make to you:
I promise you Maggie, and your family that I will continue to run until the cure is found. If I become too old or tired to continue on, I will ask our Heavenly Father to carry me to the finish line – the cure.”
Yep, Maggie that is my promise to you, I will not quit till the cure is found.
In closing I also want you to know that you and your family are in my daily prayers and I will keep you there close to my heart forever sending supplications for your healing to our Father in Heaven.
God Bless,
Grandpa John (aka John Raschke, Redford, MI) http://runningforthecure.blogspot.com/
Whitney and Andy,
I have never met you, but I go to church with Zeke Arter and he has requested prayer for your family and the healing of little Maggie. I started following your blog months ago and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about you guys. We (being my husband and soon to be 5 year old little boy) pray for Maggie's healing and pray that it be sooner rather than later. I am so sorry that you are having to endure this and I don't know why, but I do know that you must trust in the Lord (as you have been) and continue to pray for this sweet angel. I pray for a quick healing for this sweet baby girl and that your lives get back to normal. So thank you so much for the updates and allowing us to pray for you family daily. In Christ love, Jill Moses
I am keeping Maggie, you and Andy in my prayers every minute. Know that there are people that care very much and that you are surrounded by love and prayers.
Michelle - MHT Department SCC
I was so happy to read of Maggie's "stable" night. And that you got some sleep, too. Along with SO many people, we will continue to cover you in prayer!
Love and Hugs to each of you!
Yaaaaay...GOOD NEWS!!!
*STABLE NIGHT
*DROPPED BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE
*OKAY OXYGEN AND CO2 BALANCE
*YOU BOTH GOT SOME REST AND SLEEP
I'm so happy for you Andy and Whitney. "Baby Steps"!!! :) So glad that Maggie had a fairly good night. Every waking moment last night I would look at the clock on the ceiling and pray that Maggie was doing better. Uncle Jim said yesterday that both of you wasn't getting much sleep. I asked GOD last night to take care of your precious and adorable Maggie so you and Whitney could get some rest. There is NO doubt that GOD answers prayers. All three of you and your families will be in my STRONG PRAYERS today and close to my heart! Prayers for Maggie to continue to heal from this pneumonia and to become strong again. Have a wonderful day and may GOD keep his arms wrapped around all three of you and comfort you. Much Love & Hugs, Tina, Bill, Brock, ALL of my family, friends and neighbors.
Hi Whitney,
Just a note to say I am thiking of you and you all continue to be in my daily prayers.
Heather and I were talking about what a strong lady you are just last week. You have unbelieveable courage and so does your sweet Maggie.
Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you!
Melissa
Praise be too GOD that Maggie had a fairly good night and that you were able too sleep.
Just know that you three and your family are being lifted up in prayer daily. love you ed and lucy
Post a Comment