Maggie is in the middle of a lengthy, critical procedure to try to stop another major bleed. At 1:30 PM today, after being stable for the night and morning, she began vomitting lots of blood again, several times. The GI doctors and 12 others are currently in her room trying to intervene. They have given her transfusion after transfusion to keep her alive during the time leading up to the procedure and during.
Our initial report, after about an hour, was that there is a tennis ball sized blood clot at the top of her stomach and they are chipping away at it to see what is beneath it. Their hope is that it is a bleeding ulcer that they will be able to cauterize and control the bleeding. There are a lot more things going on with Maggie's liver that is probably contributing to all of this, but it is hard to know where this is all heading.
Maggie was also running a fever of over 103 leading up to the procedure.
This was crazy incident #4 or 5 in which we thought we were losing her. She's extremely, extremely critical at this point.
Cincinnati Children's is quite a place, but they have severe limits on visitors, no wireless internet access to this point, and it feels like a high-security prison. It will be worth it if we can save Maggie, but our updates will be less frequent at this point.
We're hoping to keep Maggie alive another day to give her more time to get better.
Thanks for your continued support through prayers and everything else.
19 comments:
The crisis that you are facing, that Maggie is fighting was the main thing on all of our minds today in Columbus. We are all praying for her like crazy and for you both, that you be able to hold and comfort her as she recovers. God bless you all.
Christina
I am praying with all my heart! Thinking of you all. Jess
Thankful that you were able to update. We have been praying non-stop since yesterday.
(My daughter, Elizabeth, was a student of Whitney's while she was pregnant with Maggie)
Non-stop prayers to continue.
Joyce Nosker
you don't know me, but I came across your blog through facebook - one of my friends became a fan of Maggie's facebook page & I looked it & then your blog & began praying for her. My God, I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through as parents, let alone what Maggie is fighting! I will continue to pray - pray for Maggie to have the strength to fight & recover, pray for the doctors & nurses to be able to heal her & pray for your strength as you help your beautiful baby through this.
Whitney and Andy - Thinking of you and that little sweet girl. Check the blog continually. Praying for the best.
Karen Rader and family
I am not even sure what to say that can comfort all of you at this time but that Maggie is an amazing spirit (a sign of both of your spirits and your steadfast love for her). My prayers and thoughts are constantly with you and may they lift you up and give you extra strength during a time when I am sure you feel you have nothing left. You are not alone.
Stacey and family
Our family will continue to pray for Maggie, your family and the hospital staff who are trying to help her get better.
Jen Eberle and family
We continue to pray continually. . . -Kellogg's
Praying constantly. As Christina said, you were in our thoughts and prayers all day today in Columbus. Please feel free to lean on my folks and their church now that you have Mom's number. They've been praying for Maggie and will be there for you.
Debbie M.
Your family is constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I pray that you will feel God's strength during this difficult time and that He will heal little Maggie's body completely.
Many prayers for Maggie. She has been in my thoughts constantly. I hope for a quick recovery.
you are constantly on my heart, and my husband and i continue to pray for maggie each of the many times she crosses our minds each day. thank you for keeping us updated, so we know how to specifically pray!
You are un my thoughts and prayers at this time..I do not know you but I do know what it is like to pray for the life of your child. I pray for Maggie and your strngth and for the coctor's who are caring for her. my child has been to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. It is an amazing place.
I do know where you are, and I definitely know what is like to feel you may loose Maggie, but there is still lots of HOPE that she can survive this, and every day she does is another chance at LIFE. So hang on to that HOPE with all your might. Hang on to each other and to your family, and know that there are so very many of us out here praying for wisdom, strength and healing for you all.
God Bless,
The Miyashitas
Mark Monica Max and ^Liddy^
Thanks for the update; I have been thinking and praying for Maggie and your family all day. You will continue in my thoughts and prayers as I continue praying for a miracle. Thanks so much for sharing your journey; you are an amazing family.
Rhoda Blough in Colorado.
I am praying for peace and comfort for you both and Maggie. My heart and thoughts are with you.
Janette
Thank you for your update during what must be a most intense time.
I pray that the doctors are able to do what they do best, what they have trained their whole lives for, so that Maggie can begin to recover. Close your eyes for one minute and imagine all of us out in cyberspace laying our hands above Maggie offering up our prayers in Maggie's name. We are mighty in prayer, humble in asking God to watch over your precious daughter.
With love,
Susan D,
We will be praying extra prayers for sweet Maggie tonight. God bless you, Bixler family!
Love,
The Manguals
Maggie's People, We all want to help you, take care of you, ease your load, lessen your pain. Hope it gives you a bit of peace, strength and comfort to have this massive support for Maggie and for you. . :Hoping and praying that this period is giving Maggie's body the time it needs to heal. Peace. Deb
Post a Comment