Thursday, March 11, 2010

Off to Cincinnati

Long story....we have to go to Cincinnati Children's as the cause of Maggie's bleed needs close monitoring and access to the best emergency surgical unit possible.

54 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the update. maggie gets her strength to fight from you both. praying for a successful surgery, limited pain and recovery! ~mz

Anonymous said...

praying hard!!!

Z

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family!

Shelly said...

cannot express how much I am praying....hoping you feel His Presence with you....

Anonymous said...

praying for all of you!!

Anonymous said...

We are praying so hard for all 3 of you!

Love,
Luke and Bethany

Anonymous said...

You guys are constantly on our minds and hearts. We are praying so hard for you guys, and for your little girl. Its been frustrating for us to read your last two postings, we can't even imagine what this has been like for the both of you. Just know we are close by in spirit.
Kirk and Jenee

Anonymous said...

so awful! you guys are so strong. praying for you. l.s.

O'Briskie Family said...

Wishing i was there to hold your hand! Know that i am praying, checking your blog constantly, and praying without ceasing.

mommathieszen said...

We are in prayer and have sent the news out to all of our family and friends to be praying. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else following this baby and her family's dispair....my prayers are so intensely with all of you. Peace to you....Genia

Julie Pruett said...

Andy & Whitney,

I live and work less than 10 minutes from Cincinnati Childrens. Please let me know if there is anything at all you need.

Julie Pruett
513-607-4861

Stan said...

Our cyber-vigil continues: Kay has put the word out, and we Deacons are re-doubling our prayers. I'm praying very hard for Maggie, her entire medical team, for you, and for your families.

Stan Shinkle

Nicki said...

Praying for a safe arrival in Cincinnati. You have already been through so much.

kensingtonlawyer said...

Oh my goodness! Praying for you all: for wisdom for the doctors, strength for both of you and your family, and healing for Maggie.

God Bless you all at this most difficult of times.

Love,
Monica Miyashita, Orrville, OH
Mama to ^Liddy^

Debbie said...

I have family - both my own and church family there in Cincy not far from the hospital. Please let me know if you want / need anything while you're there.

Debbie M.

Unknown said...

Praying hard!!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying so hard for Maggie, you both and the Drs and nurses caring for Maggie.

Michele said...

Praying hard for all of you!!!

Jack & Michele Collins

Anonymous said...

I dont even know you family but found you through a friend, now I have to check everyday to see how things are going and I just wanted to tell you that I cant imagine what you are going thru but everyday I read your posts I take less for granted in my own life. I hope you are rewarded for all your struggles and can bring her home someday soon. Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey Bixler family - we are friends of Tom and Kerrie ...

we are praying for you guys! Our God is mighty to save - may His strength, grace, and mercy be the rocks you stand upon.

The Harrisons

Anonymous said...

Praying hard in Missouri
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

We are praying so hard for you! *HUGS*

~Katie & Rob

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...received link to your blog from facebook...I remember you from college. I've been praying for you and your family..you've been on my mind all week. I just spent the last hour reading your entire journey with Maggie...you guys have all been through so much. The videos are great and even though I've not met her, I love her! Praying for you guys...Heather (Brumfield) Gatchell

Gwen Ernst said...

Whitney and Andy,
As stated above by another, I have been praying without ceasing for Maggie. She is on my mind constantly and my heart is heavy for you all. Will be praying for those important doctors and nurses at Children's who are now caring for your sweet, baby girl.

God, please touch little Maggie with your healing touch.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Maggie...praying for her parents as well. My thoughts are with you constantly.

Christal

Anonymous said...

I cried when I got to the hospital tonight and you guys were already gone... I miss you already, I feel heartbroken. Love you...praying for little Maggie. I'm already praying for the specialist that he/she will be a miracle worker!

Anonymous said...

Praying for the doctors to have wisdom and for Maggie to keep fighting.
Nat and Andy

~Tina Miller~ said...

Dear Andy and Whitney, All three of you are constantly on our minds. Our hearts couldn't be any heavier for what you are all enduring right now in your lives. Maggie's journey and your's as well just keeps getting longer and longer. It is really hard on a lot of people...people that care for you three immensly...such as ourselves.

We hope and pray to OUR ALLMIGHTY GOD that Maggie will GET WELL VERY SOON and that she can be free of pain.

May God watch over Maggie as she journey's to Cincinnati Children's. We are praying that the medical team there can figure out what is causing Maggie to bleed. You both are definately in our prayers and thoughts and your precious Maggie too as you embarq on a new hospital with new doctors.

PLEASE NEVER FORGET THAT WE ARE HERE FOR ALL THREE OF YOU. WE ARE PRAYING AND PRAYING AND PRAYING AND WE ARE PLEADING WITH GOD TO START SHOWING MAGGIE WHAT THE HEALING PROCESS IS REALLY LIKE!

Constantly checking for updates. Hang in there with all of your mind, heart and soul, because we sure are!

Much Love and Warm Hugs, Tina and Bill & Everyone who is following along with you and praying for Maggie's healing and your peace and comfort.

Melissa said...

My heart is so heavy for you all. Praying for your little girl all the time.

Anonymous said...

I am praying!
Donya

Anonymous said...

Andy and Whitney,

Just wanted to let you know that you and Maggie remain in my thoughts and prayers. Working where I do, I've had the privilege of seeing God work miracles firsthand - and I'm praying for miraculous healing for Maggie and miraculous strength and peace for the two of you as you watch your little angel fight for her life.

I also wanted to thank you for the example you showed in the CMC PICU of what it means to be a family. It's evident that Maggie is loved and cherished, not only by the two of you, but by your families and friends as well. Sadly, a lot of the little ones we care for don't know that kind of love and support. So, even in your time of hardship, know that you have been a blessing to others.

~Tracy

Sherry said...

You are in our prayers!

Faith said...

We with be on our knees in earnest prayers for your family! May you see God directly work in your precious little girl's life.

Travis & Faith Gingerich

John and Bethany said...

Each night when I say my prayers for Ian, I pray for Maggie. For healing and peace. May love and support surround you as you face the next steps.

Anonymous said...

We are praying so very hard for Ms. Maggie right now, hang in there darling. Cincinnati is the place to be, they are phenomenal and very experienced. We pray for the source of Maggie's bleed to be located and treated as efficiently as possible and for her to feel as little pain as possible.

Love, Jason, Sara & Nan

Anonymous said...

Praying that you three are surrounded with God's peace qnd bealing and that the doctors will have God's wisdom. Looking forward to a good report in the morning.

Love, Cousin Ruth Ann

Krista said...

Praying that God's peace and strength be upon you all. Know that God is the master surgeon, looking over little Maggie with such love, and His hand is there all the while during the surgery comforting her. We pray that you are blessed with doctors and nurses that are understanding, patient and that offer a listening ear to any and every concern that you voice and that is presented physically by Maggie.
Much love and prayers,
Craig and Krista Shue Mast

Anonymous said...

Maggie has been on my heart all night. I wanted to check for an update before I headed to school this morning. As I was up with Mac throughout the night I was praying without ceasing. I just know and feel that God is going to provide her a miracle today!

Bethany

Anonymous said...

I have worried about Maggie all night long as I am sure you have as well. I hope that you were able to get the best care possible and that they were able to repair whatever was bledding. Praying for you all.
Karen Cooley

Anonymous said...

I have worried about Maggie all night long as I am sure you have as well. I hope that you were able to get the best care possible and that they were able to repair whatever was bledding. Praying for you all.
Karen Cooley

Kendra said...

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

This is such a difficult time for you all - it's hard to imagine what it must be like. I pray for healing and comfort for all of you. Please know that you are in our hearts and thoughts every day. Maggie, we are with you.
~Janette

Amber Wonderly said...

Keeping all 3 of you in our prayers.

Amber

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Maggie's liver and her need to be moved to Cincy. I'm sure like many people, I was releaved to read her fluid levels were getting better. It seems so cruel that such good news was followed by such bad news. I pray her move to Cincy went without event.

-Ande Han

Anonymous said...

I wanted so bad to go down and see you all yesterday afternoon but I know how busy and intense things get down in PICU and I'm sorry I didn't. I wanted to hug you both and tell you how much we love Maggie and will continue our faithful prayers for her healing and for your strength. You know how to get in touch with us if you need anything or just need to talk. We love you all.

The Hammetts,
Darien, Diana, Leina, Joelle and Lincoln

Lydia said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. We are thinking of you constantly and praying all the time for you and for God to heal your precious little Maggie. All my love goes out you.
Lydia

Lydia said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. Our hearts are heavy for you. We are thinking of you constantly and praying all the time for you and for God to heal your precious little Maggie. All my love goes out you.
Lydia

Jo-Anne said...

Hopefully all of our prayers are in full effect! Thinking of you constantly and wishing you well.

Kristen said...

I hopped over here via Kendra's blog. I am so sorry to hear of this scary time you are experiencing. I'll be praying for you all.

Susan DiGiorgio said...

Oh, my goodness! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Please God, shine on Maggie today!
Susan D.

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep for knowing your pain...I pray all night for your baby!God is good....Jesus holds her....have faith and just keep on loving her...right now, that's all she cares about anyway! hugs and prayers...Patty B.

Lauren and Matt said...

I've found your blog through a friend. I've spent hours in the past few days reading Maggie's story. I have been praying fervently for her to heal and stay healthy. You are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Bless your hearts. You don't know me but I heard of your site through a friend Kendra Johns Nickel. Our family is praying for you and your brave, beautiful girl.

GA from VA