Saturday, March 6, 2010

On her belly...

Maggie had a long day today, but she's in better shape than before. Maggie, if you recall, did better on her belly earlier in the week, but they've had her on her back for 48 hours and wanted to wait a while to flip her again. This afternoon, after placing a PICC line (a more durable IV that will last her a while) they prepared to put her on her belly. She was getting 80% oxygen and was only saturating to 86-87%.

Now after about two hours on her belly, she is at 55% oxygen and is saturating at 93. Obviously a huge improvement and we are very grateful. Her blood gases were just drawn and she is in good shape with her CO2 as well. We just pray that she maintains these levels or improves instead of trending in the wrong direction like yesterday and this morning.

So the change in positioning is huge and maybe it buys us a few more days to let Maggie start recovering on her own.

Pray that Maggie's next move is towards improvement and healing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these reports. I'm checking for them all the time.

This one is hopeful!

Love and prayers always.

Great Aunt Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, maggie! We are very proud of you and are continuing to pray for your recovery! ~mz

Anonymous said...

Goooooo Maggie! We are continuing to pray for improvement and healing!! So glad to hear of these wonderful changes for the better. I hope you both enjoy this time and experience renewed energy and hope.
~Janette

Anonymous said...

I keep checking the news about Maggie a number of times a day. I loved the last blog!!!!!!!! Prayers are with you that Maggie moves to continued improvement. Waiting for the next update.
Betty

Gwen Ernst said...

So glad to hear of the good news today with putting Maggie on her belly again. Always praying...

Anonymous said...

Way to GO Maggie! Still prayin! Love you guys! Jess

Jo-Anne said...

That's great news! We're continuing to pray and hoping for the good news to keep coming.

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

Thanks for updating. I keep checking as well. And praying. :)

Nicki said...

This update is a bit better. So thankful for that. Still praying.

Anonymous said...

Lullaby and good night, Maggie!
Let the angels rock you to sleep.
I prayed for you all tonight at Mass.

Susan D.

Debbie said...

This is good news! Thank you, God, for continuing hope!

Debbie M.

~Tina Miller~ said...

Dear Andy & Whitney,
THIS IS AN AWESOME BLOG! Way to Gooooooo dear Maggie! Thank you both for doing a super job in keeping us up-to-date with your posts. I hope you both are sleeping and resting comfortably with this great news.

WOW...you have been blessed with a wonderful staff of docters and nurses working with precious Maggie. May God continue to give them ALL the wisdom and courage they need to heal lovely Maggie. God definately answers prayers.

We pray for Maggie's forward progress and continued strength. And may God continue to touch precious Maggie with his healing hands and get those little lungs all cleared up.

M-aintain these better levels
A-bsolutely great news
G-ood shape
G-rateful
I-mproving
E-ncouraging all the way

B-etter on belly (hopefully dear)
I-mprovement
x-10 days Monday (more improvement)
L-oving parents & grandparents
E-xtra special to daddy & mommy
R-oll on Maggie...Roll on...

We are praying 24/7 for darling Maggie to overcome this huge obstacle in her life. I think those "BABY STEPS" is what the docter's ordered. Hang in there Maggie...and may you ALL have a good day and see great things from Maggie.

*~*~DON'T STOP BELIEVING~*~*
*~*~KEEP THE FAITH~*~*
*~*~STAY STRONG~*~*

I Love You Andy, Whitney and Maggie

Blow Precious Maggie A *~Get Well Wish~* For Me Along With *~A Kiss~*

Love and God Bless, Tina & Bill and Everyone who is following along with me :) :) :)