They are also discussing Maggie's flu results--we'll see today if it is H1N1. The only change that I have heard is that they are going to immunize Whitney and I today. Her white blood count continues to rise, up to 29,000 today. Which tells us that she is still fighting something, and that the immune response will cause more inflammation.
Since Maggie has 12 pounds of fluids on her, that is an immediate concern. They are starting to feed her formula through an ND tube to activate her bowels (the ND tube bypasses the stomach and puts the formula directly into her intestines). They are also giving her a suppository to try to get her to have a bowel movement. She used to go 20 times a day, now it has been 8 days since her last one and we need her to go in the worst kind of way. If her bowels begin to function, it should help her body with the fluids in general.
They are only using the paralytic now as needed. If she is able to move a little bit, it will help her fluids to move, it will allow her digestive system to work, and it will help the secretions in her lungs to move around. They don't want her to cough, though, because the pressure settings on the ventilator are so high that she would risk puncturing her lung if she adds to the pressure with a cough. As she is off the paralytic, she might become irritated with the tube down her throat, so they'll put her back on if they need to.
We pray for a good day today, for no infectious problems with the steroids, for improved lung health, and for her bowel and fluid issues to begin to improve.
13 comments:
Glad for the small improvements. See you this afternoon. Come on Maggie girl! Jess
We will continue to pray with you and for you!! I continue to be hopeful for complete healing!
Sounds like a decent update. We will keep hoping for the best every minute.
Whitney & Andy,
praying for Maggie to have a good day and that the steroids work wonders on her. You two are amazing in your strength. I have been keeping up with your blog (as are some others who grew up knowing the two of you) and can feel the pain for you both through the words posted. keep the updates coming and stay strong. you have so many people praying for you.
God Bless you and your family,
Melanie (Smucker) Joyce
Hi Whitney and Andy,
We continue to pray for you and little Maggie to heal and show great signs of improvement with the steroids. All my love and support go out to you. Whitney all of your friends at Mops continue to ask about you and are praying for you too. Please know you are covered in love and prayer.
Whitney and Andy,
You have walked a tightrope the last two weeks. I can't wait for you to be able to get to the other side and....breathe.
May God bless you and Maggie always!
Susan D.
I am praying for Maggie and both of you. I hope for continued improvement and complete healing of your beautiful little daughter.
So glad you're seeing a little improvement with Maggie's lungs.
Praying for the doctors and technicians to find the best combination of treatments.
Praying for you two to keep strong and hopeful.
Praying for Maggie to make bigger steps in her recovery.
I believe there are thousands of people you do not know, and probably never will know, who are praying for the three of you. You are surrounded by the prayers and love of so many.
Carol in Lakeland
A Prayer for Maggie,Father Jesus
I pray YOUR WILL Be DONE,that You
Hold Maggie in Your Arms and HEAL
HER today. You Have ALL POWER and with all the Faith in my being I ask for Maggie to be Heal. Please
continue to give Andy and Whitney
strenght. Please Give the Doctors
the Wisdom. For IT IS IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY. AMEN
Whitney and Andy,
I continue to pray everyday that Maggie is healed! I have so many family and friends on my FB page that are praying for her and she is on so many prayer lists through churches. With this much prayer, I am sure she will come out of this. What a little fighter you both have!
Love,
Stephanie
Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers as well as many prayer chains here in TN. We are praying for her healing and four you and your husbands emotional, mental and physical uplifting.
Andy and Whitney-
I continue to think of and pray for your little Maggie, as well as for the two of you. We serve an AWESOME God, nothing is too great for Him! Praying for good news SOON!
With love from Pittsburgh,
Erlina Mae
Keep fighting Ms. Maggie - know that we pray every day for you and will pray tonight for a good response to the steroids. You continue to amaze us with your resilience and endurance, something your parents certainly have an abundance of (keep up the great work and journaling).
Love,
Jason, Sara & Nan-Man Bouchard
Post a Comment