Yesterday evening they decided to lower Maggie's peep (another pressure setting) from 8 to 6. 5-6 is the number they like to see before they extubate. Unfortunately, Maggie didn't agree to this new setting change as her x-ray showed this morning that her lungs were less inflated and more cloudy. This showed the doctors that Maggie is not quite ready for less pressure/extubation.
Although I felt that this was a step back, the doctor assured me that it was something that they needed to try to see whether Maggie was ready for the next step, and she just isn't. I guess (though the doctor might be trying to make me feel better) she described it as a slap on her hand (the doctor's) for moving forward and that they need to wait just awhile longer.
We were feeling pretty good about all the positive changes yesterday, and though we are still heading in the right direction, I'm a bit sad that Maggie is not ready yet. Patience has become quite hard for me as today marks week number 5 that we have been in the hospital. Though we have made strides forward, we want to see our baby tubeless and able to communicate with us once again. We are ready for our "hell" to be over.
16 comments:
I thank God for baby steps....and positive changes. The stress and strain on your two bodies must be unbearable, not to mention Maggie's. The emotional rollercoaster is in constant motion. I would love to see all of you. I may have to make a visit to the hospital soon. The past five weeks must seem like an eternity. I pray for Maggie each time I think of her throughout the day.....which is often. When I go to bed at night I pray for her and all of you. Wish I could take some of the pain away for you.
All of our love poured out to you. Larry and Sue Archer
So happy to hear about the steps forward. Although they may be baby steps, they are going in the right direction. Always praying for the three of you.
though it seems discouraging that she was not ready - it is also exciting that the doctors were thinking she was. at least her progress is moving things forward and allowing the doctors to try to make positive steps forward. Keep going Maggie!
Your facebook status is a good verse- soon and very soon this will be over and the rejoicing will be wonderful!
praying always
So glad that things are moving in the right direction, finally!! Take heart if there is a step back or two, that's not unusual in such a complex recovery process...we'll all keep praying that the healing picks up and that you've got your baby in your arms very soon now!!
Christina
So glad to hear that Maggie is making progress towards getting rid of the vent. What a relief for you finally to have things heading in the right direction. I'm so thankful for that. I'm sure that Maggie will make that next step soon.
We will continue to pray for steady improvement for Maggie and for patience and peace for you while you wait. Love & prayers, Cousin Carol
My prayers continue to be with you and with maggie~mz
I can't even imagine how very hard this journey has been...I understand that your patience is wearing thin....there are baby steps when you want giant steps. Miss Maggie is amazing...she will give you those giant steps soon. Hang on!! I will continue to pray.
T.
Feel positive in the fact that the docs can visualize Maggie off the vent in the near future. She is making slow, but steady strides towards that freedom. I am sure that because you are with her everyday and see her you are less able to focus on the positve because you have been waiting so long to hold her in your arms, BUT Maggie is making progress and I believe in her ability to recover. I am keeping the faith! Go, Maggie, go!My prayers continue to be with you during this difficult time.
Susan D.
still thinking of you. are you allowed visitors?
Some good news and some news of a correction that needs to be made...Maggie is still with us, still fighting to get well. I'm thankful for God's continuing work in this. I know he'll continue to give you enough strength and patience to keep on going for her.
Debbie M.
I am glad to hear that Maggie is taking some positive steps forward. We will continue to pray for her and for patience for you both also.
Laura Hartzler
Good to hear some positive news! We are always praying for you three and know that God's timing is perfect. Keep fighting Maggie!
Love,
Luke and Bethany
I'm praying for all of you everyday.
Dear God What a happy day it will be when Maggie is off of the vent.
We pray it will be very soon. Thank you for the first steps in this process. Please Father God give the doctors knowledge,wisdom to make this process easy for Maggie. We know Father You have "ALL POWER" and CAN HEAL MAGGIE COMPLETLY. You are Our Lord and Savior and we trust and have faith that we will see Maggie in her Mommie's lap and those little arms around her daddy's neck soon.
Thank you Father for all that you
done. In Jesus name we pray....
Amen
Hey sweet friend you are heavy on my heart today. Carla and I would like to come for a visit. Are some times better than others? Facebook me or text...we miss you. Still praying. Jess
Thinking of you and offering this scripture as we prepare for Easter - a time of great sacrifice.
I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. (Psalm 18:1-3,28,35)
Post a Comment