Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home again

We have been glad to be home--since 6 pm on Monday, in fact. Once again, Maggie cleared the methotrexate chemo nice and quickly. That got us home Monday instead of today. As of today, we'll go back to the hospital on Friday for more chemo and a planned 5 day stay. That could get postponed if Maggie gets mouth sores or runs into other side effects in the meantime. So, for now we are home, trying to keep Maggie well rested and well fed.

Once again we're enjoying the weather, blowing bubbles in the back yard, going for walks, sleeping in our own beds, and otherwise doing normal things. We like it this way. Pray for an uneventful week and continued healing and safety for Maggie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back home. Keep yourselves as well as Maggie "well rested and well fed."

And I hope you have beautiful weather as I know how much you all love being out of doors.

Love and prayers.

Great Aunt Phyllis

Anonymous said...

We think of you so often and have been trying to leave comments only they do not seem to forward. So many people in are community ask about you and have you on their prayer list. Loved the laughing video with Morgan. Aunt Sany

Anonymous said...

I pray that you have a good week and Maggie is relieved of those sores. I just can't imagine what you both are going through, My thoughts and prays are with you always. Aunt Ann

Anonymous said...

Hello
My name is Danielle Wood. This past weekend i was visting in gatlinburg and went into a store called P.Graham DUNN. I met a lady that worked there(can't remember her name) but she told me about your little maggie and how she was battling ALL. I myself just got diagnosed on May 22, 2008 with APL (a rare form of leukemia) I myself am only 23yrs old. So I still very much need my parents during this time so we KNOW what yal are going through. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your family and I myself no exactaly how bad them mouth sores feel so i know how uncomfortable little maggie is....I wish her nothing but the best! I know she's already healed in God's Hands but we both still have to go through the treatments as a precaution or at least that's the way i look at it makes it easier!! But my family and i will be keeping track on how her journey is doing.
My sister made me a website as well I had to stay in the hospital for 31 days...the website is below it might be nice to read just to know there is others going through this and you have others to talk to....
the website is:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/daniellewood

God Bless YAL