Praise the Lord, Maggie slept through the night last night. We were able to put her down around 9:30pm (without Benedryl) and she didn't awake until 5:00am to feed, then went back to sleep until 8:00am. I kept her in our bed after 5:00am just to make sure that she would sleep and not be awakened due to the transfer from our bed to her bed. Maggie even managed to take 2 short naps today too. We were very happy and especially happy that we were able to catch up on sleep (or at least I was. Andy has been very interested in staying up to watch the Olympics).
Maggie is still her cheery self. She has been talking a lot more since returning home. She saw our neighbor's dogs yesterday and immediately said "da, da, da." Perhaps "dog" will be her first word and not "mama" or "dada." We don't own any dogs, but she sure is fascinated by them (from afar). We gave her a real bath for the first time since her diagnosis. Maggie has had painful diaper rash from the antibiotics/chemo, and so we wanted to try to soak her bottom. The nurse told us we could put saran wrap around her broviac to protect it from water. She didn't enjoy her bath as she did before diagnosis, but hopefully she'll become used to splashing in the water and playing with her duckies once again.
We again pray fervently that Maggie will not get mouth sores and she will continue to be her happy self. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
I am so happy for you that you can get back to a routine...I know the sleep is such a welcome relief. We are praying for you and look forward to seeing you soon! Jess
I love your observation that Maggie "sure is fascinated with dogs." As well as books, as demonstrated in quite a few pictures I have of her.
Traits which she shares with her Great Aunt Phyllis, as do Stella and Mira--Ian is too young yet to know.
Love these stories of a more normal family life!
Great Aunt Phyllis
Post a Comment