Monday, May 11, 2009

Maggie's back!

Maggie is back with us and acting normally--the procedure went fine.  We now know that her intestines are somewhat "blunted" as expected (the inside surface is smooth and fairly flat).  Otherwise, they didn't identify a cause.  The biopsies that they did will reveal the whole story in 5 to 7 days.

We are going to start the new formula through her feedingtube at a slow rate, and work our way up in volume.  Dr. Kahn is recommending nothing by mouth (except pedialite) for 2 weeks....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news that the procedure apparently went well. I hope the biopsies give them the information they need.

Maybe the 2 weeks of giving her digestive system a rest will be healing in and of itself.

Let's hope so.

Thanks for the quick report.

Still thinking of you and praying.

Love. Great Aunt PHyllis

P.S. Did they say when you might be able to go home?

E said...

Glad to hear your good news. Still praying for you three. Hugs to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney,
I went out of town Friday and I am just getting caught up on the blog. I'm so sorry about everything you guys have been through this weekend. I wish I could have been there for you. I'm glad they are figuring this out, and Maggie is adapting to her circumstances. I will come by if you are still in the hospital this week. Hugs, Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney. I am glad to hear she is back home and the colonoscopy went well. We continue to pray for Maggie and all of you daily!
Love,
Stephanie